Progress on my D66 intake

-

duster360

Reaction score
Just sharing pictures of my new purchase. Here are a few of pictures of my D66 intake. Someone had painted it black, so the only way to get it clean was to blast it. On the intake are a pair of Edelbrock 500 cfm carbs I just picked up. Now I have to try and figure out how to get the intake back to the new intake look instead of the dull blasted look. Anyone know any tricks?

100_2571.jpg

100_2762.jpg

100_2757.jpg

Looks great! Amazing what blasting can do. Maybe try Leanna for powder coating?? Or at the very least she will give you some good ideas.

I will keep that in mind as an option. I would like to try and get it back to the stock type finish, but if I can't, off to the powercoater it will go.

Leanna will fix you right up with a finish that will be very close to new appearing and will be so much easier to keep looking that way than bare aluminum will be. Give her a call.

X4, powdercoating is a few bucks more,unlike spray can paint won't yellow from fuel or time.That manifold is tasty looking,with those Eddys on it.

The powder coating color I had The chick do is called "Alien Silver"
Very very close to that new aluminum look, color and luster.
I will have a total of 3 intakes done by her shortly.

I'm more busy waxing the door jams, that I see each time the doors open. The intake I always can re paint

Sure if power coating was next door to me, I have it done. All these few extra dollars can add up

Oh, another thing is, once tuned, the duals run so well you need not to open the hood often !

No more twinkling the idle screws every so often like my single holley / demon carbs were

I would use VHT cast aluminium and do 2 coats of it and sometimes 2 coats of matte clear all high temp engine paint.
I prefer just the 2 coats of paint and no clear it seemed to last the longest and look the best till the carb leaked alittle. Oh well

-
Back