Progress on the 71 Dart Swinger

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Just a little update on my project. Nothing special but it is getting closer!! Still a lot of things to clean, polish, paint and detail but it is coming along!!

Dartmotorin2.jpg

dartmotorin1.jpg

AdamR said:
Thats the cleanest 318 2bbl Ive ever seen. Looks real good !

Only cause everyone yanks the 2bbls off and adds 4bbls!! It is not really that "detailed". We are just building a driver car. ( I gave my Dad a hard time for not painting the crankshaft pully bolts!!) :) :) Anyway, the car went back to the bodyshop this morning for final paint. They are painting the area behind the grill, inside the trunk area, redoing the black on the interior door frames and of course redoing the FE5 exterior. Like I have mentioned in other posts about the car. IT will never be a show car or even close for that matter. It is just a project that my Dad and I have been talking about doing for the better part of 15 years and I could finally afford the car and the redo (not resto) and my Dad had the time since he retired in Feb. Now that this project is getting closer to being on the road I am trying to find a 68 or 70 Charger to replace one the cars that my Dad had to sell to put food on the table years ago. If I can find one of those (or a 71 RR,GTX or Satellite which I had in high school), we will take our time and do a better job on the rebuild. But I could not see paying to power coat the suspension parts, paying to sand blast all the brackets and things like that on this car being our first project in a long time. But IF we can get ahold of another Charger (or RR) I will do it right!! :) Now off to search for a project!!! :))))))

By the way,
THANKS for all the compliments!! I really appreciate it!!!

is that color called something else than FE5? think my duster had that color when it was new, please show us a picture of the car when its painted would like to see how it looks:)

carcrazyguy said:
FE5 is Rallye Red. I will post pics when the car is painted!!! I hope within a month!!
thanks i just checked and my car was that color from the factory i have just seen it shine thru at some spots and it looks like a realy nice color:)

Although not the best picture of the color (FE5). But on my photo page listed in my sig there are some pics of my Dart when I first bought it last year wearing the original paint. The paint was still shiny but it was getting really thin in places.

Well it has been a LONG while since I posted any progress on the Dart. But here is what it looked like yesterday!!!!

DartPaintedDrSide.jpg

DartPaintedPassSide.jpg

DartPaintedDrQuarter.jpg

No! That look's real good and Give your dad a hug and tell him thank's :goodman:
Glad to here he is enjoying his retirement with you.
That dart look's great. :blob:

1/4 extension are on. Bumpers are on, door handles installed, and marker lights installed. Still have a ways to go but it is getting there!!

71DartAfterPaintWithBumperOn.jpg

71DartAfterPaintSide.jpg

Good to see another Swinger getting the attention it deserves.Great job,it is looking great.
Here is a couple pics of my Swinger project.

Take care.

Picture 405.jpg

Picture 414.jpg

looking real good guy's.
carcrazyguy that red looks good :thumbup:

-
Back