Progress pictures.

-
AdamR said:
Drivers frame rail needs a patch too.

When I was trying to sell the car one of the guys that came and looked at it felt the frame rail was swiss chees and there was no way to fix it. Doesnt really look that bad to me.

Looks like an easy fix to me, too.
Looking good Adam!

Fired up the welder yesterday and started filling in screw holes.. I spent more time fixing the spool of wire that keeps breaking then welding. Plus I was short on money this week so I didnt pick up some shielding gas and a new spool of wire so I was using the flux core wich is a waste of time really. I ended u with a lot of grinding. But a bad day in the garage is better then a good day at work.

looks great Adam, I painted mine Finally last week I'll start sending pictures here in couple of weeks,the color is PR4 Flamming Red ( color you see on most Dodge trucks )

Adam, whats up with the pictures? All I get are those damn lil' red X's....
comp03.gif

i see 'em just dandidly fin there flanders

weds 745 pm

its just your browser loading too slow. hit refresh or right click and show picture, if that doesnt work sell the computer and just invest the money into the car... :headbang:

bill paynter said:
looks great Adam, I painted mine Finally last week I'll start sending pictures here in couple of weeks,the color is PR4 Flamming Red ( color you see on most Dodge trucks )

Thats the same color my car was and will most likely be re painted. How much was a gallon ?

I made some more progress yesterday. My passanger side inner fender ins now rust free.

It only took 4 patches. I still need to finish welding them in but I need a new spool of wire and some gas as well as more cut off wheels for the die grinder. Once again I forgot the camera.

I'm glad you didn't get rid of the Cuda, and are pushing ahead with it.
I had thought's of trading you my '71 Swinger for your Cuda, but I have so little time to work on anything it would have been sitting forever. I still haven't put the rear back in the Dart, so I can get it out of the garage, and into the other one, so I can futz with it.

a guy said the frame looked like swiss cheese

what! that isnt that bad, now on my cuda i have a a piece of the frame way worse then that where it bends up to the shock mounting area on the drivers side, its pretty bad, man that is gonna suck to fab and make :sad1:

I went and picked up the big welder from my fathers today. Friday my cousin is going to wire in the 220 outlet for it. For now I swapped in a spool of smaller wire and hooked the gas up to the small welder. Better but not great. Its hard to dial n the heat range on it so you either burn threw easy or the weld doesnt penetrate well. Its very hard to make a nice beed so Ive been doing lots of spot welds and grinding. I have one more patch in the engine compartment to do then I can do the filler work and prime and paint it.

Well the new welder is much easier to use. I finished all the welding in the engine compartment plus patched the frame rail.I also decided to patch the blower motor and heater hose holes. I almost done will the filler work too. I can lay down some primer in the next few days.

I did remember mt camera today but the memory was full so I only got 1 picture.

IM000434.gif

Ok, I remembered the camera. The engine compartment is ready for primer and more sanding. All the welding and filler work is done.

Yesterday I started the mini tubs. I would have one side finished but I ran out of welding wire.

IM000435.gif

IM000436.gif

IM000437.gif

IM000438.gif

Big day today. Cleaned the garage and installed the light hood springs for the glass hood.
Ok, not really a big day.LOL

Wow Adam ,now you`re rockin` and making me feel like a slacker. I can see you`re serious about the car as it has no HEAT.............BRRRRRR...... in Connecticut! This must be only for the 1/4 or for freezing your acorns off? Nice progress though , you`re going to have a ton of room for tires under there and the engine compartment looks great. I`ve noticed on your car and on a lot of restos, (including my own) that people don`t remove that emergency brake cable. Why? Because if it`s like the one in my `68, it`s a total bit*h to get out of there! So the hell with it! Great progress, we had 10 inches of rain in 36 hrs. here this weekend so I got nothing done. Some people had Kayaks out in the streets, it was a trip. I should`ve cleaned the garage like you did but that would take much more than a weekend, lol! More like a month!! Nice work ,I look forward to seeing more. I love this forum too!

Todays pictures.
IM000455.gif

IM000454.gif

IM000452.gif

IM000453.gif

Still havent goten the mig wire so I did some prep work on the fenders.

IM000456.gif

IM000457.gif

Some updated pictures.

I sprayed the outside(or would this be the inside ?) of the inner fenders with evercoat rubberized undercoating. Nice stuff, light weight unlike the old tar undercoating and leaves a nice semi textures finish.

IM000464.gif

IM000465.gif

Suspension back together, I didnt detail it yet because I have larger bolt spindals and will need new upper control arms.

IM000467.gif

'
And Finally a coat of primer. Man it looks good ! I have a few spots that need a little sanding or some spot putty but I feel I got something done now.

IM000469.gif

IM000470.gif

No more blower motor !

IM000468.gif

IM000471.gif

looks nice and cleaned up and all newish, right on adam.. does it feel nice to see the finished product or what.. its all up hill baby!

wanna do mine next?
lol

:coffee2:
Cerwin

great job adam. you are giving me hope. i just bought a 71 swinger that needs little work, so far. i have not tore into it like you have yet. i am waiting for the garage floor to get poured so i can have a place to park it. i will be going over it and try to get as many parts as i can so i won't have to wait on that crap when i do get started. good luck. i hope to start my own post soon.
jeff

-
Back