Progress!

-

danielb927

Reaction score
TTI exhaust is about half in. I'll post a full write up when I'm done, but for now here's some pictures I took this evening. Everything up through the x-pipe is done from the back forward and waiting on new motor mounts to finish it off.

The right headpipe is hitting the idler arm so new motor mounts needed unless I can live with only ever turning left 8):
p1020022c.jpg

Looking forward from under the axle, done through the x-pipe but nothing is clamped down yet:
p1020019q.jpg

Here's the crap I took off:
p1020025m.jpg

Very happy with how the manifolds look, had them ceramic coated at Indy Powder Coatings.
p1020023u.jpg

Progress was much slower today. Got the new engine mount in on the driver's side, couldn't get the driver's side one out so we just shimmed it up with three washers and it clears now. That was about all the progress we made in 8 hours of work today :banghead:. Tomorrow I'll be deciding whether to order a new kickdown cable and new tranny cooler lines, or take it to an exhaust shop to finish it right and maybe just bend the driver's side pipe more. I'm leaning towards taking in in at the moment, they could weld everything up and do it much better than I can at home and I think I've already gained all the experience I can out of this project. Either way just hope it gets done soon!

-
Back