Progress!

-

clhyer

Reaction score
I started about 2 1/2 years ago when I put the Duster up on a rotisserie. Since then it has been either on the rotisserie or on sawhorses. Until yesterday. I am shooting for completion in 2010...
C

Aug29,2007 038.jpg

DCP_2576.jpg

DCP_2797.jpg

DCP_2798.jpg

Thanks folks. It will be white with black trim.
Leanna, I need to give you a call. Owe you an apology on the valve covers and want to set up your next job for us.
A couple more pics...
C

Aug29,2007 019.jpg

Duster 4-6-2008 003.jpg

No need to apologize at all Cal ... I know resto plans and the daily pressures of life don't always go together. :-D I'll be here whenever you're ready.

Had a great week. Blocked it down and wet sanded last week, taped up Friday evening and Saturday morning. First coat Sat., second coat Sunday and a third coat on Monday evening. Tonight I untaped and rolled it outside for a couple pics:

DCP_2825.jpg

DCP_2827.jpg

DCP_2828.jpg

Good to see you back at it.I love to see these builds.hopefully I will be doing one someday.8)

Put the stripes on over the weekend, starting to shape up real nice. Plan to clear it in the next couple of weeks.
Words of encouragement are welcome! So are suggestions!
C

DCP_2855.jpg

DCP_2876.jpg

DCP_2878.jpg

Looking great. Did you use a base / clear paint system or a poly base?

Thats what I'm wondering. Usually any BC/CC system has a short window for applying the clear. Maybe it's single stage then he's clearing over that?

OK folks, my goal for this car was to do a makeover on the cheap. So far I am on track with that goal. The car is to be a driver for me, but a head turning fun driver...

The paint I used? Rustoleum oil base @ $27 bucks a gallon at Lowes. I plan to clear it to aid in UV protection. My body shop instructor says it may "pop" when it gets in the sun. I've left it without clearcoat for a month now on the white and may give the black a month, that would only be another couple weeks.

Thanks for the kind words. Everyone that's seen it so far have been very surprised!
C

DCP_2879.jpg

DCP_2881.jpg

Well, my 2010 goal has been moved on into 2011...
StrokerScamp aka Rob came by today and helped me get the engine in.
That's Rob in the first pic and the two of us in the second one. Felt good to actually see some measurable progress!
I owe Rob big time for all the help he has give me this weekend, and before:cheers::cheers::cheers:
C

Attachments

• DCP_3414.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DCP_3429.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 155
  • DCP_3427.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 150
-
Back