Project DART VADER

-

cody.bourgeois

Reaction score
1970 Dodge Dart ultra low and protouring
360/390hp Magnum Atomic EFI
5sp Tremec
Air ride or coil overs i havent made up my mind.
Raceline Billet Wheels 18x8 fronts and 20x10 r 12's rear
Full custom because stock sucks.

i have had this car for about 8month now and finally started making some progress. i had a few customer cars to finish. its kinda hard to work on your own stuff when you have others to take care off.

Customers projects, i do it all frome stereo and interiors to suspension and paint and body.
untitled-1.png

untitled1-2.png

untitled2.png

untitled3.png

untitled4.png

My ride

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

pic3.png

pic4.png

pic5.png

pic6.png

pic7.png

pic8.png

pic9.png

pic10.png

pic11.png

pic12.png

very nice.....easy to see you're no rookie.

care to shed any light on your other mod plans?

Atomic EFI,Sub frame connectors a must, Some type of four like setup, mini tubed, custome gas tank. 2011 TA hood scoop, Airride possibly. Possibly 3 tone paint but not black as of now even tho i call it dart vader. Interior- dakota didgtal,procar front seats, A/C. Custom stereo.. Pretty much the works. All custom. all slicked out. leaving door handles tho so i can hit the drag strip a few times.

i build cars for customers most are trailer queens. But i Be dam if im gona build one and dont drive it.
:burnout:

very nice.....easy to see you're no rookie.

care to shed any light on your other mod plans?

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

I see you decided to go with the new TA hood scoop, nice choice!

got a 72 grill today and the driver side is broken!!!! boy is my piss hot. $400 and i still have to epoxy a piece from my stocker.

Well.........jus so long's it's not "KART Vader"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJoLVUz24A4"]KartVADER COMPLETE PART: 2 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERDkDe9Lmo&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

Nice project! Lots of good ideas, my vote is leave the bags on the lowriders and go for handling. Coilovers will get you reasonably low AND take corners like your in a viper.
Like Denny said, its obviously not your first rodeo, I'm looking forward to following your build. Best of luck to ya.

got my brother-n-law's stang to do a lil wheel test fitting for some custom wheels. got motor and tranny mocked in. Sitting low and still be able to turn. gota fix that tranny bellhousing tho.:banghead:

this stang is nice. its a 97 with right at 20k miles.

pic21.png

pic22.png

pic23.png

pic13.png

pic14.png

pic15.png

pic17.png

Who makes the T5 BH to use on a mopar? Can you explain what your doing for this swap behind that small block?

just a lakewood bellhousing. i didnt do alot of research on it but it was cheap so i bought it. gona cut the bottom off and weld a flat plate to it to get the ground clearence i need because thats cheaper than buying an aluminum one. i only paid $100 for the housing new on ebay. it will work for what im doing. just a old tremec i found with hydro clutch.

Cody, what size are those mustang tires? I am thinking of running 255/45/17's on the front of my Hemidenny K-member build and was curious for comparison. Thanks

245/40-18 for some odd reason my car sits lower than most about an inch with 12in coilover and 26in tires. denny and i are working out a few things i want to do to make it super low. looking for a 4-5inch rocker height at ride height.. rails about 3inches off ground, and eveything tucked up there

Started doing a lil fender mod. going to gain about 1/4in of clearene more for the tires. And i had a 19in wheel layn arround for some test fitting.

pic32.png

pic31.png

pic30.png

pic29.png

pic28.png
:burnout:

Looking good, Cody. BTW, looks like someone accidentally left a blower on the hood of that Toyota... WOW!!!

Fender lips rolled with 1/4inch round stock. gained 1/4 an inch for tire clearence. Mock up wheels are tucking nicely. still able to turn lock to lock. Looks like ima try the 8000's airride to get it alil lower for show. even tho these wheels are 19inch wheels the height of the tire is the same as the 18's i want to run. stance is coming together. thanks Hemidenny think we are going to make it work like it is.

pic33.png

pic34.png

I don't know how I missed reading this thread before (just read the
whole thing).

I can't believe how low, tucked in and tidy you've got this thing
with that 19" front wheel/tire on there!

You don't usually see that kind of fender-to-tire clearance.

Nice job!

it sure is fun working seeing your ride come together....especially because like the others with your skills, you have a great vision of what you want to achieve....and stop at nothing.

big plus for me...you guys really get me thinking

-
Back