Project Update and Pics

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
All the wetsanding in the engine bay is finally over and shot and cleared. I let it set up for a few days and just put the engine and tranny back in. I must say it was a little stressful trying not to scratch the fresh paint. I'm planning on rewiring the entire car with a painless system and hooking up the MSD box this weekend. If anyone has any wiring pics or suggestions, links to any good sites covering this I'd greatly appreciate it. I plan on putting the box and the fuse panel under the dash somewhere on the passengers side. I just hope it takes as long as advertised, unfortunately I'm planning on it going like everything else, so I estimate twice what they advertise. Anyway here's some updated pics of the engine bay...

engine1.JPG

engine3.JPG

engine4.JPG

That looks really sharp, although I sure wish you'd put your brake cross-over line on the firewall before you put your engine in there. Been there - forgot to do that also. :)

OldVart said:
That looks really sharp, although I sure wish you'd put your brake cross-over line on the firewall before you put your engine in there. Been there - forgot to do that also. :)

ThanX for all the good feedback! I already put the front brake line in btw. I didn't like where it ran before, it seemed higher up on the firewall so I ran it along the frame rails and then across under the seem of the tranny hump. It's all clamped up and doesn't rub on anything. I put a brass "T" on the left inner frame rail to split the front brakes so all I need to do is put in the new master cylinder and run the lines to it. I put an adjustable proportioning valve under the car on the rocker panel for the rear brakes and ran all the rear brake lines as well.
Adam

-
Back