Proper floor jack point

-

danielb927

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's the proper place to jack up a 73 Duster in the front and rear? I've been jacking it up under the K-member in the front and supporting it under the rectangular sections on each side behind the wheels but in front of the torsion bar support crossmember. I haven't had it up in the back yet. What's the best way to do that, I know the factory jacks used the bumpers, can I do that with a regular floor jack?

Admittedly, I haven't jacked up an A-body in a long time, but I would choose the rear subframe, spring shackle, or (if you've got it blocked well and have a long handle for the jack) the pumpkin before I'd ever use a bumperjack again.

When I back-halved my 70; A stand at each end of the k, staands at the front rear leaf eye, stands under the rear bumper support; all leveled both ways.

I like the front K member for jacking the front, and center of rear end for rear. I use jack stands on the front and rear sub frames.

I'll probably end up doing each side one at a time on the rear sub-frame. I figured it would be easier to do the exhaust pipes if I supported there instead of on the axle, since there would be more room over the axle to get the pipes in.

-
Back