Proper grey color in grille and tail lights

-

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can tell what the proper color is to refinish my sharktooth grill and the tail lights. I can't seem to find the right color and I am getting tired (and broke lol) of buying spray cans that don't match, or maybe I am just too pickey. Anyway, I am sure there must be color that will match the factory color and someone must know what that is??

when I painted my sharktooth, I compared a bunch of paints to the opriginal flat silver color, and I found an exact match.....Duplicolor silver caliper paint. Most silvers have metal flake and are not correct, but this was perfect. You can find it in most auto parts stores like Advanced auto.

I have used Mopar Performance argent silver Rallye wheel paint on grilles and bezels before, it has some metal flake in it and is durable, plus, looks really nice :glasses7:

..i thought the match was mopar ralleye wheel paint.
will be painting mine soon,hope more guys chime in on this one.

Like they said mopar rally wheel paint. That's what I used on mine. Mine was all original and I compared it to the underside where it wasn't sun faded and looked identical.

I have used Mopar Performance argent silver Rallye wheel paint on grilles and bezels before, it has some metal flake in it and is durable, plus, looks really nice :glasses7:

Yeah, I always thought it was argent silver wheel paint...:-k

My two cents is to use krylon silver paint and once dry use krylon semi gloss to coat. you can use any brand silver paint, just use the same brand semi gloss clear to coat. This will give you the perfect finish I have been using this system for thirty years and is the spot on match for the factory finish. This finish can also be used for the 66 and 67 consoles that have the dull aluminumfinish on the borders. Just finished a set of 72 duster tailights and they appear NOS. krylon use to sell a color called dull aluminum twentry years ago that was aperfect match. They no longer make that color. The above system works every time

Like they said mopar rally wheel paint. That's what I used on mine. Mine was all original and I compared it to the underside where it wasn't sun faded and looked identical.
Do most auto parts store carry it or is this a speciality item?

-
Back