PROPER HOME FOR MY REMOVED 198 WITH 51k ORIG MILES

-

BARRY71

Reaction score
As many do, I am in the middle of an engine swap and want to find the proper decent way to part with the original slant 6 198 that I am removing. It looks like it belongs in the Smithsonian because if was a garage kept 51k car that had records of everything that was ever touched on the car. My 340 is about to be bench tested so within 30 days or so, I will have this perfectly running low mileage 198 sitting on an engine stand collecting dust. I want to find a proper home for it to someone that could appreciate its place in history and recovering a little engine swap $$ would be nice also. looking for suggestions on moving it.

The for sale section. We have one. Use it.

Also, your location is very important for a heavy engine & tranny. I am guessing that many states have an Elkridge or Elk Ridge. We have an Elk Grove and many other Elk's.

I think the crank and rods are worth more than the whole motor.

Also, your location is very important for a heavy engine & tranny. I am guessing that many states have an Elkridge or Elk Ridge. We have an Elk Grove and many other Elk's.

Bill, according to his zip code, he's in Elkridge, Maryland. No one seems to want to use their real name, or accurate location on FABO, but, no one seems to mind putting their zip code in their profile. Go figure... :violent1:

Might be a scam. I contacted the guy, he responded, I asked specific info about engine #s and never heard from him again.

No scam. I was away. I'm back and will add pics tonight. I didn't use the for sale section because a.) not out of the car yet b.)wanted to see what interest was out there c.) will be selling once removed along with tranny driveshaft and rear. I am a new member and just bought the car last month. 51k all original no optioned 71 198 6cyl.

I'd be interested in at least the rods/crank if not the whole motor and am close enough (in northern VA) to pick it up.

See attached pics of engine view and block number.

Attachments

• duster engine compartment.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 274
  • duster engine number.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 281
  • duster engine compartment 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 268
That is a purty engine, and looks like around 73-74 which I understand are the most desirable blocks, at least if it was a 225. Measure compression before you remove it since that it critical. I assume you will sell the tranny with it, and keep together so you can run it on the ground to show blow-by.

Should have the slant extracted in a few weeks. Gotta make room for this. Perfect motivation.:colors:

Attachments

• DUSTR2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 147
nice...I got the ugly cousins to that 6....one w/ 23K and one with 69K....I'm thinking about having them upholstered and making a couch out of them.

The motor is out and available. I will be working in the garage most of the weekend so that I can drop in the 340. Let me know what type of figures you were thinking. I think its worth $500.00

-
Back