proportioning valve placement

-

zigs

Reaction score
After much problems with brakes. Not getting fluid to the rear. Last night I disconnected lines starting with back flex line all the way to the PV valve. No fluid coming from the rear port. I bought a new PV. My question, do to headers and heat and just not a lot of room. I have seen the PV valve plumbed under the m/c is there a problem with this. It would make it handier

I have mine mounted just below/next to the master cylinder on the driver's side fender. It's flex mounted against a piece of plastic for any minimal body flex that might occur.
The factory spot down on the frame rail will cause it to absorb a lot of heat from exhaust systems, especially with headers as you described. Not the best place.

I have mine mounted just below/next to the master cylinder on the driver's side fender. It's flex mounted against a piece of plastic for any minimal body flex that might occur.
The factory spot down on the frame rail will cause it to absorb a lot of heat from exhaust systems, especially with headers as you described. Not the best place.

Thanks , my thoughts also. The ones I have seen done are free floating suspended by the tubing.

Here's mine, proportioning valve and line lock all mounted on a bracket under the master cylinder.

IMG_1954.JPG

-
Back