Prospective parts car?

-

JCMini30

Reaction score
I came across a 75 Duster for sale for $500.00 w/ clean title. Seller says it has a complete interior solid floors and trunk. Body has very little damage, just some surface rust. No front bumper but has the grille. Engine was left out with the heads off and rusted up when a previous owner died during the restore. Still has the rear end and tranny but who knows if its sound or shot. I need a fender and the rear bumper and if the interior is good I may use some of it. Other than that the rest would just be spare parts. Im still thinking I should jump on it for that price. Anyone agree/disagree?

If it would cost you $500 to buy the parts you want for yours, then everything else, from the smallest boat to a piece of metal is free..

Grant

I think you could get 400-500 in scrap, at least around here you could. maybe it is different in your neck of the woods.

I say Heck Ya, thats a good deal.

Numerous parts are interchangeable 73-76.

Hood
fenders
doors
deck lid
bumpers
side marker lenses
front door panels
tail lights
seat belts
instrument cluster
AC trim panel
glove box and door
sunvisors

I could use the hood (if its straight and doesnt have more than 15 hail dents, and I have family in Greenville,TX who could arrange to pick it up.

I say get it and help out those in need with anything it can offer, to help you and turn a $$$$!

Let me know something, got any pics?

I came across a 75 Duster for sale for $500.00 w/ clean title. Seller says it has a complete interior solid floors and trunk. Body has very little damage, just some surface rust. No front bumper but has the grille. Engine was left out with the heads off and rusted up when a previous owner died during the restore. Still has the rear end and tranny but who knows if its sound or shot. I need a fender and the rear bumper and if the interior is good I may use some of it. Other than that the rest would just be spare parts. Im still thinking I should jump on it for that price. Anyone agree/disagree?

By the time you buy all the little parts you need, not to mention the larger ones you would spend as much if not more. Anything you don't use immediately is a bonus.

I say Heck Ya, thats a good deal.

Numerous parts are interchangeable 73-76.

Hood
fenders
doors
deck lid
bumpers
side marker lenses
front door panels
tail lights
seat belts
instrument cluster
AC trim panel
glove box and door
sunvisors

I could use the hood (if its straight and doesnt have more than 15 hail dents, and I have family in Greenville,TX who could arrange to pick it up.

I say get it and help out those in need with anything it can offer, to help you and turn a $$$$!

Let me know something, got any pics?

I will let you know if I get it. I don't really need the hood so that would work out great. The guy has it under a car port in the pics so hopefully no hail damage. Front drivers side lip of hood may be alittle damaged. Cant really tell by the pic. Let me get the pics uploaded and I will post.

side.jpg
frontview.jpg
rear.jpg

Well the car was three hours away so I checked a local option first. I found the fender I needed at a nearby auto salvage yard for $60.00. The fender I found is almost perfect compared to the rusty one on the $500.00 car. Anyone who may want the car its posted on Craigslist as 75 Duster under the Dallas Ft.Worth cars section. Appreciate the feedback.

-
Back