Proud of the AMX

-
Bla bla bla. Isn’t someone looking at a car on your wife’s car lot. Maybe they have a question you are capable of handling. Lol

You just can’t stop lying and being jealous can you..lol
Lonely old man sitting there with nothing better to do than run your mouth about something you know zero about.
Almost feel sorry for you.

You just can’t stop lying and being jealous can you..lol
Lonely old man sitting there with nothing better to do than run your mouth about something you know zero about.
Almost feel sorry for you.

Lol. Ya ok. Here’s a chance for you to call me a liar for the third time. Have at it.

The Airwolf heads suck

There you go. Another post ruined by YOU. Great job Bozo.

If your lips are moving, your lying, lol
And yea, I don’t think the air wolf heads are very good.
Buddy swapped them off for trick flows, which were just as good.
Installed Bloomers, picked up 3 tenths over both the others.
They aren’t terrible, just way under perform for what a 220 cc head should be capable of.

If your lips are moving, your lying, lol
And yea, I don’t think the air wolf heads are very good.
Buddy swapped them off for trick flows, which were just as good.
Installed Bloomers, picked up 3 tenths over both the others.
They aren’t terrible, just way under perform for what a 220 cc head should be capable of.

Nice to see you finally learned something mechanical. I’m glad someone shared their experience with you. Carry on.

Come on John, let this crap go. Life is too short to be bitter.

1.24 60’ is excellent. Way to go. I was super excited to get a 1.29 60’ with my car.

No doubt your car is working awesome. its a complete package to make all the stars line up.

Do you think there is a bit more left to gain? I wanted to lean my engine out a bit more but it was running so well I didn’t want to change anything.

1.24 60’ is excellent. Way to go. I was super excited to get a 1.29 60’ with my car.

No doubt your car is working awesome. its a complete package to make all the stars line up.

Do you think there is a bit more left to gain? I wanted to lean my engine out a bit more but it was running so well I didn’t want to change anything.
I don't think so. I've upped and decreased the timing, raised and lowered the shift points, I've not worked with the jetting of the new carb. But it's mph'ing really well. and it picked up a few hundredths over the pro systems carb. More compression and a ported intake would probably help. But at that point will the block handle it? Who knows?

Love that car though... AMX was always on my list... way out of touch now though, prices are insane
And I have a local friend down here who has 3 of them - 1 of each year's production (68-70)! All show quality and beauties. Really cool cars to go along with his 69 Rambler Scrambler and his 70 The Machine. AMX's are cool little beasts!!

I don't think so. I've upped and decreased the timing, raised and lowered the shift points, I've not worked with the jetting of the new carb. But it's mph'ing really well. and it picked up a few hundredths over the pro systems carb. More compression and a ported intake would probably help. But at that point will the block handle it? Who knows?
You should be proud how dialed in and well the combo runs! And to top it off seems like it has been pretty reliable. What is the timing and shift points you settled on for best et with this combo?

You should be proud how dialed in and well the combo runs! And to top it off seems like it has been pretty reliable. What is the timing and shift points you settled on for best et with this combo?
Timing is 35 degrees, we shift it 1-2 at 6500 and 2-3 at 6800

So, this shows it'll run high 9.2's in the 1/4...if it doesn't start looking at air pans and scoops. Nice combo! It can serve well for others to make comparisons. Scale-up or down and what to expect.
It ran the 9.38 @ 141 with the previous carb and the M/T PBR'S . I've not ran it in the 1/4 with the APD carb and the Phoenix radial slicks. It might run 9.20's @ 145.

Nice Job. Car runs really well! Fast 60’, fast ET, and good MPH. The calculators are cool and as others have said in the past, it’s to help gauge power. But end of the day, gotta get the power to the track, which you seem to be doing well.
Good job and be proud.

-
Back