PRW stainless roller rockers

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Anyone running these? Are they any good? I see in the most rescent (June 2011) Mopar Muscle that the 1.5s actualy measure 1.44. Can anyone else confirm this? Also states that the 1.5 comps actualy measure 1.47. Are Comps worth the extra money? Thanks and always looking for any input. Only looking to buy a set once, that works. Looking for something that is proven to work from people using them. Not just some pushy salesman who claims there product is the best on the market.

Imagine that...everyones holy grail of rocker arms still fall short and measure 1.47

cranes measure 1.45 or so too lol

uh....what are we spending on.... a name? lol

to the op, no not really

I bought a set of PRW rollers off EBay from KMJ performance. They have bronze bushings, and come with a push rod sizing tool. No tags saying made in USA or China. I will find out soon if they were the right choice. They have the cup end so the push rods to be used are the original style.
The price was $329 drop shipped from PRW.

Lets say they are only 1.45, that turns a .500 lift cam into a .483 lift, you can compensate with more lift on the camshaft if you have to I guess.

IMO, when you start measuring thousandths of an inch on lift profiles you are not familiar with machining tolerances. This is something I think people way overanalyze, I think cams should only be advertised down to the hundredth of an inch. When they make anything out of metal there is a plus or minus allowable size (+/-), I would like to see what cam manufactures say is acceptable.

I bought a set of those rockers, they looked great, mocked them up on a set of heads and took a straight edge to them and they were all lined up, even fit around my big springs, really impressed, only problem was that the shaft was out of round so they got sent back and they made me pay for shipping, kmj bastards. I could go on about how rude they were and the s@#$ they said to me, but eventually got a refund. I might try another set see if I get lucky with a straight shaft this time. I don't think you will be disappointed with them.

Thanks fcm42000. I was lucky getting a good set. Don't have any other experience with KMJ other than the one purchase. I think that they do use other user names on Ebay, as I purchased a ProComp air gap intake and all the seller info was the same address, etc. So they do have some issues, such as you described with your return.

So the " let the buyer beware" info is good advice.

-
Back