PST, Magnumforce, or?

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my upper control arms to tubular. CAP is not being considered. The PST and magnumforce look the same. Anyone have experience with these? Are there others to consider? I have the 73-up disc setup on my 66, and I am looking for more caster. I already used the offset bushings, but can barely get 1 degree pos caster. Since this is a drag car, I would like some more positive caster for stability.

If I were going for an UCA - it would be RMS!

try Just Suspension. Or you could always fab your own

speaking of fab. I just ordered tubing, heims, ball joints and mounts to fab my own upper control arms. The parts total about $120.00. I dont have a tube bender but I will figure out the bend radius I will need and take it to a local fab shop and have them bend it. I will mock everything up and tack weld it, then take it to ED QUAY to have it tig welded. I will be posting the entire car build soon!

speaking of fab. I just ordered tubing, heims, ball joints and mounts to fab my own upper control arms. The parts total about $120.00. I dont have a tube bender but I will figure out the bend radius I will need and take it to a local fab shop and have them bend it. I will mock everything up and tack weld it, then take it to ED QUAY to have it tig welded. I will be posting the entire car build soon!

are you building arms for a stock style suspension? if so it sure makes $300 for a set of arms ready to bolt on sound great.. :)

are you building arms for a stock style suspension? if so it sure makes $300 for a set of arms ready to bolt on sound great.. :)

No stock style suspension here. I have Tubular lowers from Cap and Coil overs and drop spindles from Magnumforce. I am doing a road race set up since a track is going in over the next year or three. I wanted to fab the uppers on my own just to save a bit and to take a stab at putting my name on them. If this site ever accepts my pictures I will post the build but always says ERRoR when i try to upload :{ I'll try again!

in the same boat. thinking either hotchkis (not cheap!), firm feel or RMS. thing i don't like about RMS ones, is the no gusset plate behind the balljoint also they wont fit my spindles unless i drill them out for the bigger balljoint. anyone had used the firm feel versions?

No stock style suspension here. I have Tubular lowers from Cap and Coil overs and drop spindles from Magnumforce. I am doing a road race set up since a track is going in over the next year or three. I wanted to fab the uppers on my own just to save a bit and to take a stab at putting my name on them. If this site ever accepts my pictures I will post the build but always says ERRoR when i try to upload :{ I'll try again!

if your running crap lowers ( make sure you brace the shock towers with those coil overs) and magnumforce spindles then it is a stock style suspension. an off the shelf adjustable tube upper arm will bolt right on is what i was getting at.. just seems at $120, then getting someone to bend them and then someone to weld them you will be close if not more then just buying a nice set from RMS or a place like that. not to mention the time you'll have int them. it would be different if ya could do it all yourself and just have to buy the material. but hey its not my money.

your probably better off posting pics using photobucket. its easier then having to worry about resizing and getting the board to accept it..

in the same boat. thinking either hotchkis (not cheap!), firm feel or RMS. thing i don't like about RMS ones, is the no gusset plate behind the balljoint also they wont fit my spindles unless i drill them out for the bigger balljoint. anyone had used the firm feel versions?

if they are built with the correct material and are welded correctly then there is no need for a gusset. a gusset sure isn't gonna help a bad weld.

i believe bill at RMS will ream out the spindle for you if you buy his arms..

suppose am basing my comments on what have read about the CAP products!?!?!

whats the difference between heim and bushed? don't think want to send my spindles to the US and back, lol!! can probably get them done here.

already have hotchkis strut rod and firm feel tie rods, may as well turn into a bastard child.

whats the difference between heim and bushed? don't think want to send my spindles to the US and back, lol!! can probably get them done here.

personal preference. i would think the heim joints would be a little ore precise.

didn't notice where you were located.

cool, thanks. gotta check how legal they are here. presume are better than running the offset bushes, which am using ATM? not that there is anything wrong with my current setup but always room for improvement!

cheers

-
Back