Pst polygraphite

-
IMO, It was for me. It was a great upgrade in my 73 Cuda.

Not mine! Not a sound. Regular ploy bushings queak. Not the Graphite one.

works for me. try to use marine grade grease when assembling (the blue snotty stuff), it won't wash off and works better than normal grease on poly stuff.

ok lets assume i just go for the regular replacement (im mainly gettin the kit cuz i have 3 bad ball joints, the bushings r icing on the cake) how long should i expect them to last? the car is a daily driver and i drive anywhere from 800-1300 miles in a month depending on where im goin ect

"
Default Re: Polyurethane vs Rubber
I’ve installed both types in the same car, did a build on an original owner 71 SS BBC 4 speed car. When the car was first assembled I installed the poly body bushings from P-S-T, I warned the owner that the poly bushing would add a harshness to the way the car rode, it was definitely stiffer and more road noise and vibrations transmitted into the car. After he drove the car for a while he had me change the bushings to the original rubber type bushing, quite a difference, car rode smoother, way less road noise and vibrations transmitted into the car. I built my car before I changed the bushings back to rubber in the 71, my 67 is definitely noisier it is very firm; it also has a boxed conv style frame which also adds to the stiffness. I have thought of changing back to rubber bushings just to reduce the increase in road noise since I drive it often and drive it a long way sometimes 400 to 500 miles at one time to shows out of the area. A lot of it is personal preference just like anything else in order to get better handling sometimes you may have to give up some thing else.
"
google rubber vs polyurethane

are you getting the super kit or regular?

id be just getting the regular. can hardly afford the regular but i really need to fix my ball joints before my suspension drops out from under me. been drivin on em bad since (i hate to say it) august or so

-
Back