PST

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On the purchase of a new OEM super kit from PST . What brand are the ball joints and tie rod ends ? Are they made in the USA? I need a OEM kit for a 5.7 Hemi Challenger that came to the shop and he does not want China parts. I am looking for a made in USA kit. Is ther anything made in USA anymore? LOL

I have had trouble getting USA parts on my 72 Duster build, especially with ordering everything online. Ended up with lot more China parts than I wanted, but what’s to say the OEM originals weren’t China parts. Not sure on PST ball joints but ordered from PST and they sell quality components, so would not hesitate to buy them and install them.

When I bought mine I beleive PST uses their own source brand, I'm sure they are chinesium. I sold the kit when I went to an all tubular setup and purchased all Moog parts and those were Hecho in Mexico.
I'm sure James with PST will chime in.

I bought an entire front end rebuild kit from @PST and it is certainly a quality product! Everything is super clean and well made. Highly recommend and shipping is super fast!

My son is doing a 72 Challenger for a customer. He is requesting USA parts. I will probably call PST and just stamp USA on everything. I am dropping the whole K-member. I'll get some pics of the car . Bought at Mecum for 38,000. No brakes and the suspension looks to be original from 72. They undercoated the whole car underneath and I mean everything including all the suspension parts, You guys are going get a kick out of this build. Solid clean body but a total basket case build for 38,000. I went to roll the window down and the glass fell in the door. LOL

Even Moog parts are not US made anymore. They are build to higher standards but good luck finding anything US made. You could try to source NOS parts.

I bought some AC DELCO suspension parts that looked very good. They were at least made in Taiwan. LOL

Even Moog parts are not US made anymore. They are build to higher standards but good luck finding anything US made. You could try to source NOS parts.

I see more and more posts about the poor quality of Moog parts over the last year or two. I had a bad Moog lower ball joint that drove me nuts for quite some time because I didn't believe it was bad right out of the box. I won't use Moog anymore

You can find old stock, U.S. made suspension and steering parts on Ebay. Beautiful, heavy duty stuff. You might not be able to get all the same brand, but Moog, TRW, McQuay-Norris, etc. from 1970s-1990s are available. Prices are pretty good. Often a good bit less than the new Chinese made crap. For my car, it took a little while to find a small sector shaft pittman arm, but I got one, and another a week later for ten bucks. Too cheap to pass up.
Somewhere there's a webpage with a cross reference for part numbers for about 25 different brand names. It helps with the searching. If you'd like, I'll try to find it and post it here.

-
Back