PTV Clearance with KB 107 pistons

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys measured or would expect to see in regards to kb 107 pistons and eddy closed chamber heads on a 360.

I am just measuring the PTV clearance to make sure I am good. I have a solid roller cam in it and I adjusted it to the proper lash. I just ordered pushrods so I just used the adjustable measuring pushrods to roughly measure (Ill probably double check with the correct ones as these flex a bit).

I measured without the head gasket and measured the gasket thickness (should I measure with it on?) I measured by putting clay in the valve reliefs and then turning the motor over a few times then cut the clay in half and measured. For the intake I measured .289 without gasket, and .249 for the exhaust, also without gasket. Does this seem like alot of clearance? those pistons do have massive valve reliefs. The cam was degreed as well. I may get a different head gasket as the one that came with my gasket kit measured .054, seems a bit thick, would rather a .039 one.

Here are the cam specs, its a lunati vodoo solid roller.

Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 267/273
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 237/243
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .566/.578
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): 016/016
RPM Range: 2500-6600
Includes: Cam Only
Part Number: 40200731

you have a mile of clearance .....went you get down around .080...then start sweating....

use the .039 gaskets.

That's good to know that my clearances are good there, I won't worry about that then. Now about the head gasket. My Pistons are zero deck, so with the .039 head gasket I'll have around .039-.040 or so of piston to head clearance. Is this enough? I think that's what I ran last time, and I haven't changed anything from then, just thought about that now.

you should be fine- I am using the same pistons (zero decked) and head gasket and a very similar voodoo cam (.552/.533 - 284*/292*) with no problems at all and I wind it 7-8000 rpm all the time

-
Back