pull and pay junk yards..tools 2take ?

-

USAJon

Maryland U.S.A.
Reaction score
we have a lot of pull and pay junk yards..big ones. the other day I went to one for some wheels that were gone by the time I got there...a friend told me they were there last week...but I saw some parts I could use. I asked some young peeps if I could pay them and @ 1st they said yes but their parts removal took longer then they had time to get payed to remove mine...but they had a sweet suit case tool set...I never thought about it until they left...anyone know of such a good (pull and pay use ) tool set...my tools are stored in a large old school tool box and I would like to get that suit case set just for the junk yards...any thoughts..it was not craftsman set I know.thanks !

i just take my petrol powered 9" Angle Grinder. Quick Removal and you sort it out when you get home :)

...but they had a sweet suit case tool set...I never thought about it until they left...anyone know of such a good (pull and pay use ) tool set... thanks !

My son bought a similar type set of tools (both metric and SAE) in a suitcase style carrying case at Sears. Might check there.

I take a small hand held tool box with the essentials.
Prybar
Stubby and long screw driver mix.
Gear wrenches
Cheap socket set
allen wrench set
Trim tool
hammer

that always has gotten me everything I needed, unless of course your going for big items. (heads) etc...

I always find at garage sells or buy cheap tools just for the "yard box" cuz guaranteed your going to lose one or two.

-RPM

I usually take a large variety of tool but many people also take along an old wagon to put the tools and salvaged parts into. I only "carried" my tool box once.

I have 2 sets of tools, one set stays in a plastic 2 level toolbox on wheels. This fits everthing I need even my battery powered sawsall!!
We are not allowed any gas (petrol) powered cutting tools allowed in our pick n pull.

-
Back