Pulled the carpet up and found rust

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Proof that all California cars are not 100% rust free.

383 Barracuda 054[1][1].JPG

40 years of wet feet. That isn't much rust from the look of it. Rip it off with a wire wheel and spray it with some rust inhibiting paint.

Doesnt matter where the car is from.If it has leaky wiper seals,and its out in the rain,it will rust. That is actually very clean.

If you can't see asphalt or concrete you don't have a problem!!

Looks like you're a long ways away from Bedrock there Mr. Flintstone.8)

It happens to the best of us!! That doesn't look too bad compared to some we've seen here>

did someone mention flinstones? lol heres a pic of my 1967 fastback. the frame is solid only problem was years of a leaking heater box.......

0907091547.jpg

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but that looks like nothing to get upset at. Knock off the surface rust and shoot some primer and paint on it; done. Then you can work on finding that leak. Just be glad that you caught it that early.

Thats a shame.:crybaby: Usually when I pull the carpet out of a car half the floorpan comes with it.

Proof that all California cars are not 100% rust free.
Who said they were??? One of the rustiest cars I ever bought was one that NEVER left El Cajon Ca. You could step through any part of the floor or trunk. One torsion bar was rusted in two and you could squeeze the rear axle tubes! I was afraid the car would fall apart towing it! I belonged to a salesman with a local route. He parked it in his back yard when it got 100k on the clock and it sat there for 25 years until I came along. It's amazing what a little moisture will do over the long run.
Thanks, Mark

Little scraping and it looks like it all came off, just needs some primer and paint. This car has been in storage since 1980 its my 383 Barracuda. I was happy that the floor pans looked as good as they did. Now the hood that was stored out side standing up in the dirt has some real rust on the corners. It looks more like those last couple pictures and might have to be replaced.

Thats not bad at all. I picked up a 75 Duster. Did not even think to pull the carpit back as it was a SoCal car. But if you have a leack on the fierwall it don't mater where the car is from.

Some small floorpan rust. (Canadian style) Really it's not bad at all. the rears are rust free.

20100210_11.JPG

-
Back