Pulley alignment

-

scrag

Reaction score
Aloha,

We are slowly making progress on our Dart - Father Son project - we are installing a 360 into a 1968 Dart 270. Swapped out the K frames, engine and 904 is installed. Finished wiring the electronic ignition and have been struggling with the pulleys. I finally got a hold of a matching set of 340 pulleys (Non AC) and the alternator looks good but the Power steering is driving us nuts. I got a new pump from NAPA and found the pump to off slightly in the resovoir - could take it back and try again but figure the odds...got a hold of 318 and 340 pump - 318 won't work as it looks like we are missing some holes to attach it in the 360 - 340 I mounted to the newer (saginaw) brackets and it is off by close to half - I am thinking about using washers to move the crank pulley our or getting my machine shop to alter the pulley on the pump...
I am looking for any other ideas.... Living on a fricken Island pretty much eliminates trips to the junk yard....

Not sure if this will help, but here are some pics of the brackets and pulleys we used on my son's 360......the pump was off a 73 318 as well as the pulley's non-a/c.

Here's a couple of pics of the 318 pump and brackets we used on our 360...everything lined up perfect.
SatJan02203714EST2010.jpg

SatJan02203729EST2010.jpg

The pic on the right is the p/s bracket that mounts behind the p/s pulley.
DSC05611.jpg

Pic of the pump and misc brackets (one is for the alt can't remember which and the truck is not here to ck)
DSC05613.jpg

Pulley's
DSC05599.jpg

Hope this is useful......Rickster

Scrag
I am having the exact same problem I think it is just the new reman pumps. I am going to try to tackle this this weekend so if I get something that works I will post it here for you

Thanks for the Pics - asnwers some questions I had...

Also thanks for the reply let let me know how it goes this weekend I am going to re-visit the older pump as the one picture gave me an idea....

-
Back