Pulley Depth

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I need to know the depth of the single groove pulleys for the crank & water pump on a 69 & earlier small block. There's a member here who has some water pump pulleys for sale with different depths & I need to make sure I get the right one. I might also need a single groove crank pulley but need to check what I have & I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks folks!

Will measure in the am, but 5/8" wide seems to ring a bell. Belts don't hit the bottom of the pulley.

I mean the depth of the pulley from the face all of the way to the back. Like how tall it would be if it was laying flat on a table. Sorry I didn't make it clear.

Total depths for '69 and earlier are:

2 3/4" for the WP pulley.

1 3/4" for the crank pulley.

The non-AC single groove WP pulley is 6 1/2" in diameter. The AC single groove WP pulley is 5 3/4" which causes the pump/fan to spin faster.

Total depths for '69 and earlier are:

2 3/4" for the WP pulley.

1 3/4" for the crank pulley.

The non-AC single groove WP pulley is 6 1/2" in diameter. The AC single groove WP pulley is 5 3/4" which causes the pump/fan to spin faster.

Thanks for the info. Looks like what I have right now is a water pump pulley for a 69 & earlier AC car. I can work with that, although the larger diameter pulley MIGHT be better. I always had problems cooling the 273 in my car but I think that'll be taken care of by the time I put in the 408 as I'm putting in a bigger radiator & adding a shroud. Anybody have a 69 & earlier single groove crank pulley they want to get rid of? I've got a 3 groove I could use but it's more than I need & I think I've also got a new Bouchillon Performance single groove 70 & later water pump pulley I don't think I'll be needing.

When I was looking for a single groove crank pulley I put a wanted ad on here and on moparts and got a few hits and eventually bought one. They aren't that easy to find but they are out there.

I got 1.5 from flange to center v groove crank . The singles are hard to find. I use a 5.5 crank and a 6.5/8 wp runs cool all day 13+ compression.

-
Back