PULLEY's

-
I don't know the correct pulley combination.
I have parts from; '69 small block w/p.s. and a/c
'70 slant six w/p.s no a/c
and a '74 small block manual steering with a/c
I need the set up for a '70 Dart small block no a/c and w/manual steering.
What crank pulley, water pump pulley and alternator pulley and bracket to make this work? Sorry if the question sounds dumb but I can't seem to come up with the correct arrangement. Please help.
Thanks,
ricky :banghead:

I don't know the correct pulley combination.
I have parts from; '69 small block w/p.s. and a/c
'70 slant six w/p.s no a/c
and a '74 small block manual steering with a/c
I need the set up for a '70 Dart small block no a/c and w/manual steering.
What crank pulley, water pump pulley and alternator pulley and bracket to make this work? Sorry if the question sounds dumb but I can't seem to come up with the correct arrangement. Please help.
Thanks,
ricky :banghead:
None of the ones you listed will work for your application. You'll need a complete set of pulleys and alternator brackets from a '70 and newer small block without A/C. If you use a crank pulley from a '72 and newer, you'll need to egg out one of the mounting holes if you're using the '70-1 only balancer. Easy to do....just use a rat tail file. The replacement ones from the dealer came with a slotted hole so you could use them with either balancer.

Thanks! I felt like I was working on a steel Rubics Cube with grease added for interest. Is there a difference between a '69 and '74 318 balancer? Why do I feel that I've opened a can of worms?
ricky

The '69 and older engines had the timing marks on the passenger side and used the cast iron water pump. When they redesigned the engines for 1970 to the aluminum pump, they moved the timing marks to the driver's side and changed all the pulleys and brackets. Just to confuse people some more, between '71 and '72 they changed from the staggered pulley mounting holes to the evenly spaced ones. That's why you need to slot the one hole if you swap between those two years.

I looked for the big thanks button and found everything but. I guess I'm pulley and button challenged! :lol: as soon as I can find it, I'll post them. I owe several thanks to you all.
ricky

can buy them here http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEpulleys.asp or just use the measurements and find them on your own.

this is the water pump pulley you need..

pulley3.jpg

this is the crank pulley you need.

nonpspulley.jpg

and the alt. bracket you need.

pulley1-1.jpg

I have the crank pulley and the alternator bracket if your interested. The pulley is powdercoated, the bracket is bare metal and missing the short spacer. $45 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_2196.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 189
-
Back