Pulling oil pan

-
I would think even though the crank looked nice that it must of been out of round. Did u check it? Kim
Machine shop checked it and informed me that I should buy a new one. That crank isn’t recommended to be ground anymore I guess.

Machine shop checked it and informed me that I should buy a new one. That crank isn’t recommended to be ground anymore I guess.

A .010/.010 crank is standard practice, can easily go to .020/020 undersize if need be. That is why others are willing to buy it from you and build another engine with it.

Easy to spend money on new parts, if you have it. The fun part about hot rodding is getting to the bottom of the real problem, getting things to work well, and not breaking the bank in the process.

Your unfortunate experience here can be a good learing experience for others on this site to see what happens with low oil pressure, and next steps required to remedy the problem.

Well documented photos here so far, like the way you cut open the oil filter paper and it shows the cooper bearing material that it caught.

Not seeing a bunch of steel slivers in that oil filter (that's a good thing) take a magnet to it now and and see what shows up if any.

A little detective work, the journey can be as much fun as the final destination.

Good Luck on the project.

I’ll buy the crank and rods from you. How much do you want???
So everything is in a different state. When I pick the engine up after it’s finished I’ll get those parts, and send some pictures. Then you can see if you’ll still want then.

Every 340 I ever had, except the one I sold in my old Dart, lost the #1 rod bearing. Sometimes just tapping, onetime squealing just before it spun,locking the engine at idle.
On my 360 I did some oiling mods and have not had a problem since.

-
Back