Purchased Used AED 750 HP-HO - Throttle Shaft Damage

-

JAndrea

Reaction score
I picked up a used AED 4150 750 HP-HO DP off of Ebay. I thought about messaging the guy to make sure he packaged it correctly so the throttle arm (or anything else) didn't get damaged during shipping.... but I got too busy with work and decided to use faith instead.

When I saw the size of he box it came in, I knew I wasn't going to be happy.

The knucklehead just threw it in a box and wrapped it in a little bubble wrap. The throttle arm that extend below the base was completely flattened (and punched through the box), and the fuel feed tube was bent enough so that it fit in the box.

Anyway... logically I know I can straighten the throttle cable hookup arm, but just wondering if that is ok to do, while still expecting it to perform as it should... or should I just buy a new shaft?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/hly-20-48-1

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

Last edited:
Easy fix ... I'm curious to know what engine this will be going on ? I built one of these for my 340 and cannot get the part throttle lean stumble out of it ... 70/76 jets, 8.5 power valve, 28/35 squirters, orange pump cam......

Easy fix ... I'm curious to know what engine this will be going on ? I built one of these for my 340 and cannot get the part throttle lean stumble out of it ... 70/76 jets, 8.5 power valve, 28/35 squirters, orange pump cam......

I'm building a strong 383. It will be a while before I get it running. I'm building it from a bare block, so having to search for everything.

be careful on straitening, they get loose on the shaft if you bend them to much. If it gets loose I have used red lock tite and it works good work it in to the shaft and the leaver and let it set up.

Oh yea I also can get you the correct shaft that one has a ford kick down and you don't want that. let me know if you need one and i can hook you up.

be careful on straitening, they get loose on the shaft if you bend them to much. If it gets loose I have used red lock tite and it works good work it in to the shaft and the leaver and let it set up.

Oh yea I also can get you the correct shaft that one has a ford kick down and you don't want that. let me know if you need one and i can hook you up.

Great tip, thanks! Yea, I was wondering about that 'ford kickdown' part. I'll let you know if straightening the shaft doesn't work.

You don't even need to use the bent part at the bottom of the throttle bracket... Leave it bent,f it won't interfere with the linkages and then you avoid damaging the bracket or shaft... (if it ain't broke, don't fix it...)

Last edited:
If you need a mopar kick down linkage, it bolts on there

holley bracket.JPG

Or, if you really want to straighten it out (which I would) don't let the torque from straightening it transfer to the throttle shaft and bent section connection point.
(meaning don't use the shaft to support your bending pressures if you can avoid it)

Or, if you really want to straighten it out (which I would) don't let the torque from straightening it transfer to the throttle shaft and bent section connection point.
(meaning don't use the shaft to support your bending pressures if you can avoid it)

That's why I recommend leaving it alone if it won't hurt anything...

-
Back