Push Rod Engines

-
Flathead fords are simpler and smaller still.Maybe we should keep using those too?Just like the flathead,pushrods are dieing.Besides why in the hell are we talking about crapvettes on a mopar site?

Ford had to learn the hard way too. They are building a new 7.1 (the metric system is stupid and I hate it...it's designed for non thinking retards and after WWII we should have made English the only language of this country and forced the sorry pukes who lost the war use our system...but Jimmah Chartah decided it was just too much money for the losers to buy two sets of tools so we had to..ok rant off) pushrod engine because the the OHC engine has one and only one advantage and that gets out weighed by too many other things.

When you have eurothink and everything is taxed on displacement then you make everything so small a PR engine can't compete. Of course, rather than OHC junk I'd use a 2 cycle engine long before I'd ever use a OHC in that case.

I'm not handicapped by eurothink and those that are should leave this country and go to Europe, where you will think just like all the rest of the non thinkin Marxists.

I recently bought an 04 GMC 1/2T. I do have "some" misgivings. I decided the "car I drive" is gonna be a pickup, and that I WANT NO overhead cam "V" engine of any kind. NONE. I also did not want the Ferd spark plug problems. I would have bought a hemi, but the later ones don't "sit" well with me, and the no1 plug is so far back I can't even reach it, much less no7. "We'll see" if this was wise.

I know what the problem is, and it ain't a lack of crude oil.
What it is is this;
They can't print money fast enough to get it into the hands of the consumers quickly enough, that if everybody had a 6-liter today, to buy the gas required by those engines, they wouldn't yet all have the money in their pockets..
And then there's the logistical problem of moving twice the amount of fuel, from place to place.
And then the ever-increasing population of young kids coming of driving age. Why; the government would have to start mining local crude! instead of sending trillions upon trillions of dollars to the oilchits of foreign countries, or trading them weapons for oil.
It's all about the money, and war is big business. And if the printing presses are at full capacity, hey here's an idea, build another printer, those oil barons don't like credit. What you're still short? we'll take the Eastern seaboard... and then the Western. And by the way, we're taking the mineral rights too.
I gotta wonder how much of America actually still belongs to Americans. Because from my vantage point; it seems like America is no longer being run by Native Sons.
Canada either, for whatever it matters with our puny population. At least I haven't seen a curbchitter yet.
yes; tongue-in-cheek, but I wonder for how long.

I actually like metric for some things.For instance its easier to measure out 7 mm than a cunthair bigger than 17/64.Metric math is a hell of a lot easier than imperial math. 7mm + 8mm=15mm vs 17/64 + 5/16= 17/64+20/64=37/64.Not to mention my micrometer either does decimal inches or decimal mm, so I have to convert to decimal to even use the measurement. Metric thread fasteners are stronger than imperial fasteners simply because the threads are finer.Either system works but for the love of god, just pick one and stay with it.Non of this half standard half metric bullshit that's found on a lot of vehicles.

Last edited:
What I hate is tape measures with metric on one edge, and all my lumber and sheet-goods, comes in feet or inches. Floor-joists are set on 16" ctrs, and walls on 24. The roof is sheeted with 4x8s and drywall comes in the same 4x8s.
But flooring is no longer 12 ft wide, nor is it sold by the yard; now it is 4 meters wide, to the rooms 11ft5inches. So I cut a 19" strip off the side and throw it away. which is about a half a meter...... that I just paid a lotta money for. Good sales strategy.
I'll fix 'em tho; Ima gonna make all my closets 19inches deep, and put the seam right under the door.

Non of this half standard half metric bullshit that's found on a lot of vehicles.

like trying to decode tires....275 (mm) X 65 (percentage of said mm) - 15 (inches)

why couldn't they just stick wit my N50s?

banghead.gif

I dunno, I'd love to see the OHC design used on the old dodge 2.2/2.5L engines recycled to the top of a V8. Bet it wouldn't take much too much room or make the engine any taller. Not to mention the benefits of losing pushrods, rocker shafts, rocker studs, etc.. no trashed angles caused by cheapass bean-counters reusing old core boxes, the entire valvetrain could be serviced by removing the valve cover and the heads could be made to flow to the moon! Less reciprocating mass would also open up a lot of RPM potential.

why couldn't they just stick wit my N50s?
Yeah-man, those looked awesome under my 74 DartSport. And when I put them under my 69 Barracuda slanty, on the Keystones, with adapters, and they stuck out so far I hadda put airshocks under her too; that car looked sweet too.
They'd probably look sweet under a Beetle, too, now wouldn't they......

Yeah-man, those looked awesome under my 74 DartSport. And when I put them under my 69 Barracuda slanty, on the Keystones, with adapters, and they stuck out so far I hadda put airshocks under her too; that car looked sweet too.
They'd probably look sweet under a Beetle, too, now wouldn't they......
I put em back on my duster a few weeks ago (that way I can take the 15x8s in for a black friday deal

20191109_154209.jpg

-
Back