Pushrod angle

-

OZ67CUDA

Reaction score
Should I be worried about the angle between the pushrod & the roller rocker shown here. I am worried the cup in the rocker does not cover enough of the ball on the pushrod & there may be a chance for it to pop out. It is a 340 going in my Barracuda. New engine with edelbrock heads. The valve is closed in this shot. When it is open the fit is much better

Attachments

• Pushrod angle.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 283
What type of lifter is it (flat tappet or roller)? what diameter pushrod? Are you certain the rocker cup and pushrod have the same radius?

The contact patch on the valve looks pretty good where it is. It is a flat tappet hydraulic cam & the ball size is correct. I used stock length pushrods. I have some that are .150 longer & they are too long i.e no more adjustment on the rocker. Any shorter & the situation would be worse. I could get pushrods .05 longer but I don't think it would improve this angle enough to warrant the hassle of custom pushrods

This is showing the valve open & they are 5/16 pushrods

Attachments

• pushrod open.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 193
mine are same way, i doubted mine too talked to my machine shop, they told me it is normal looking, small block mopars are weird looking according to my machinist on there rockers!!!!!!!!

-
Back