Pushrod hole/Cheap porting aid

-

dartjack

Reaction score
I've read the stories about poking through the pushrod hole trying to get the port as big and straight as possible. Some didn't have happy endings. I've been playing with some 302's and noticed how pinched up they are around the pushrod hole. Not wanting to strike oil I thought of several ways to measure the wall thickness to get as far as possible without oops-ing through. Most involved a lot of geometry and fabrication. Too much applied thought process. Then the light flashing moment! If I can get the pics to come through this will blow your mind with simplicity. All you need is about
10" of angle iron, a long 1/2 drive extension and 2 orings. When the angle contacts the bump in the port it will mean that the wall is as thick as the gap between the angle and the extension. I added the orings as my minimum thickness guage. When the angle contacts the orings that is my cue to stop grinding.

Dartjack

In previewing the post the pics don't seem to be coming through. First one to know how to make them post please email me.

[email protected]

Thanks

If you need the 4 pics,of the tool that dartjack made,email me for them,as they are very large pics,mrmopartech

[email protected]

C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\My Pictures\porting tool

this link should do the trick,copy and paste to open,mrmopartech

It would be nice if the photos could be posted. Thanks MMT for trying. I think it would benifit a lot of guys who are afraid of "breakin through".

host them on photobucket and resize them then paste the image codes into the message on here and voila!

-
Back