Pushrods

-

JimmyV

MOPAR!!
Reaction score
i have the comp cam 20-248-4 i ordered the recomended pushrods for them and allready have pro-form roller rockers but the pushrods i got have ball ends both sides and the rocker arms also have ball ends...the recomended pushrods for it where 7970-16 7.750 length 5/16 is there a diffrent pushrod i can get that will match up they are gm pushrods so i am assuming there are lots of diffrent options i could run..can i buy diffrent ends for my rockers somebody please help asap

thanks
:?:

you need a pushrod with a ball on lifter end and cup on the pushrod end...

you need pushrods for a hydraulic cam with adjustable rockers....

watch out...cause there is a pushrod for a mechanical (solid lifter) cam with adjustable rockes...

and another thing i have the stock rocker arms..would those work to get it running then upgrade in the future?? there no adjustable stockers...but would they work??

if you have ball and ball pushrods then those fit stock rockers

well i would rather stick with the rollers and get diffrent pushrods no problem returning them i can find that exact length do you think there would be any problem going a little shorter even.... the cam lift is 525 both sides and 290 duration

compcams 7692-16 are for solid lifter adjustable rocker arms...

are they ball and cup.....and what is the length the length that comp cams recomends is 7.750 could i go a little shorter at all or taller its pretty big cam and want to make sure its all right the are 7.342 so thats around .400 different is that going to make alot of a difference obviously the valves will not open up as far.

okay..comp catalog says 7970 part number...do a search of that part number they are for small block chevies...ball and ball.....

i understand that but that is the pushrod that it recomends and i got them and they are ball and ball...and i have adjustbable rockers that are ball end...the comp cam pushrods are 7.750 in length..that is just what they recomend so thats what i went off of so here is another question

comp cam 248-4 525 lift intake and exhaust 290 duration .248 at .050 solid lifter cam..... small block mopar 360 10.5:1 pistons edlebrock heads what push rods would you guys recomend???

i am just curious as to why it calls for 7.750 that are longer then mopar pushrods? is it going to hurt using the ones that 7.342 in length am i going to run into any runabuility problems??? i am just really frustrated that this is all i need to get it going..thanks for the help guys

i am just curious as to why it calls for 7.750 that are longer then mopar pushrods? is it going to hurt using the ones that 7.342 in length am i going to run into any runabuility problems??? i am just really frustrated that this is all i need to get it going..thanks for the help guys

because it is the wrong part number....their catalog is wrong....

is it going to hurt anything....no...i am using a set of the 7692 in a 360 with edelbrock heads and a solid lifter cam with .630 lift....crane roller rockers too.

just to make sure...we are talking about a LA 360 engine and not a Magnum...?

awesome thats all i wanted to know it just seems the recomended ones where really long....didnt want to bind up or open valves to far

-
Back