Put 4,000 miles on going back and forth to CA

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Took the Dart out for some away time over the last two months because my Wife's Mother needed help with some health and home issue's
We made multiple trips to the CA coast from AZ that were about 11 hours each if you drove straight through pretty much just stopping for gas.
Well, we played around and had some fun just getting out so some of the drives took way longer than they would have had to, and took different routes just to enjoy it while we had the chance and excuse to do it.

The Dart was absolutely flawless from the way it ran right down to the sound system.
All I had to do to it was put gas in it and 1 quart of oil for the entire time we were running.
I decided the Wife (Stephanie by the way) should drive it since she had not driven the car since I got all the suspension, steering, alignment and tires done.
So awhile later I awake from a small rest and hear the engine racing more than normal and realize that she is doing right at 100mph through a range of mountain passes, so I sat up and asked her "what's up?"
She says "the car likes it so I went with it." :)

I sure am glad I installed a headlight relay kit 2 days before we left, as I couldn't imagine the trip being as nice as when you can see things before it turns into an emergency.

Met Tim (Abodybomber) in his home town and BS'ed about cars and all for hours.
Great guy, and a real person if you know what I mean.

Here's a few hints from the trips, and the second pic is of the Roadkill Café.

Attachments

• route66.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 183
  • cafe.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 204
  • park.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 186
I'll probably not be able to do much highway driving, "long trips." If I did I think I'd want AC and may add that (knee knocker) and DARN sure would add an aftermarket cruise control.

An 11 hour drive? Take me 2-3 days anymore, LOL

I'll probably not be able to do much highway driving, "long trips." If I did I think I'd want AC and may add that (knee knocker) and DARN sure would add an aftermarket cruise control.

An 11 hour drive? Take me 2-3 days anymore, LOL

A couple of them I had to drive straight through and I can tell ya it hurt some.
That's how I know it was an 11 hr trip if movin it, because I was doing 80-85 wherever I could and 10 over the posted speed limits pretty much everywhere else on the ones where we needed to get there quick as we could.
Heck at some points we ended up over half way to your house.:)

I was totally in though, cause I love driving it.

That must have been ,an enjoyable road trip T.B. Enjoyed your company, come by anytime.

that's cool, silver lining on the mother in law issues
hopefully she got that sorted out as good as she could

love the part about your wife doing triple digit speeds because 'the car likes it' thats awesome stuff...

Cool. I keep telling myself I'll have a car like that again... someday...

-
Back