Putting the SS/T on the dyno and then to the strip......

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
What kinda numbers do you think it will put down both HP and E.T.? Here are the specs. 1998 Ram SS/T 5.9, 46re auto, 3.55 suregrip, 275/60/17 street tires, 42XX pounds bone stock. Absolutely nothing done to it yet, I plan on putting it on the scales this week as well to get a real race weight number. Well whatcha think it's gonna do? I am hoping for high 15's and 190-200 at the wheels. Anything under or over those numbers I will be extremely happy.

If you stabbed that intake,Corey.About 220-230 on the wheel.If not,you dyno numbers close.If doing Test 'n'tune,ice the beejessus on the plenum,with ice bags.Old 5.0 trick.A will say ,15.5s,to 15.6s.Good luck.

For now it is stock. These will be my base times and HP numbers. I wanted to have real numbers for a bone stock truck and then numbers after basic bolt ons. It seems that everybody has an opinion on HP numbers with no real proof. I want to have that proof.

Oh yes I will definitely be using a log book. That is a must for anybody trying to make real gains.

It's only 4200# so that's not too bad. I had some stuff come up and it never made it to the track or on the rollers. Hoping for the next week or so but I may be busy with work and preparing for my upcoming move.

-
Back