Qa1 k member / hdk coilover frontend

-

73440abody

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm trying to figure everything out with my car and have a few questions. Car in question 73 duster 440. Of course I'm having issues with clearance for headers and would like to open up some space. Was looking at the gerst setup but just seeking all options. I came across the hdk torsion elimination kit, and would love to know if anyone is running the elimination kit along with the qa1 k member. So I guess some of my questions include what engine mounts would I need? Can I run power rack? If anyone has this setup I'd love some insight and feedback. Thanks

No problem with the HDK torsion bar eliminator kit and the Qa1 K. The very first set I made was for such an application.

To be clear, the QA1 as far as I know, is NOT a rack and pinion conversion and is for factory steering components.

Feel free to call , text or E-mail with any questions or concerns

Denny
HDK
[email protected]
304-939-0097

does the hdk torsion eliminator kit lower control arms have an option for a sway bar?

is there any welding involved in the hdk t b e kit?

does the kit come with HDK 3-position adjustable height test struts?

also can you use a dynamic strut rod?

is the torsion bar eliminator kit available through pst?

looking on your site its pretty unclear exactly what comes with the total kit for 1095.00 if you had a picture of all components layed out or a detailed parts list or a pdf install instructions that would help out a lot. thanks

what are the two pieces in between the uca's of this picture? where do they go and what do they do? are they lca supports? i found this pic on your facebook page.
905949_1919419364948944_2052039057031135675_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

i see sway bar tabs on the lca's so that answers a question i just dont see the option on your site.

these questions are for an a body btw

if your k member kit had the single lca's and able to use mustang II spindles with the rack and pinion i would be first in line to buy one

Last edited:
does the hdk torsion eliminator kit lower control arms have an option for a sway bar?

is there any welding involved in the hdk t b e kit?

you can use the factory strut or aftermarket.

does the kit come with HDK 3-position adjustable height test struts?

also can you use a dynamic strut rod?

is the torsion bar eliminator kit available through pst?

looking on your site its pretty unclear exactly what comes with the total kit for 1095.00 if you had a picture of all components layed out or a detailed parts list or a pdf install instructions that would help out a lot. thanks

what are the two pieces in between the uca's of this picture? where do they go and what do they do? are they lca supports? i found this pic on your facebook page.
View attachment 1715239422
i see sway bar tabs on the lca's so that answers a question i just dont see the option on your site.

these questions are for an a body btw

if your k member kit had the single lca's and able to use mustang II spindles with the rack and pinion i would be first in line to buy one

No welding for any of the HDK products, you will need a drill and wrenches.

For the coil over only conversion there is no need for the simulators that determine which of three shocks would work best as in the rack / coil over conversion....due to utilizing the factory LCA pivot point, only one model (shorter) shock (Qa1 #DS/DD-303 ) will fit in the limited space

The two pieces are the 100% bolt on LCA rear support brackets. Included are brackets (pictured with pivot shafts) that secure / attach the LCA pivot shafts to those frame brackets and allows easy removal of the LCA without removing the frame brackets once everything is in place

Anti-sway link tabs can be added at no additional cost. If you do not have a factory bar, just need the center eye to center eye measurement.

You can get them thru PST, but also directly from HDK...just e-mail or call me
[email protected]

My first K had a single tube LCA with a strut like the factory, but I found the A arm was a better design for the application, it eliminates binding and movement of the arm at full joice / rebound

Feel free to call, text or e-mail w/any questions
Denny
[email protected]
304-939-0097

Last edited:
el5dart.…..I got that same kit from HDK to install in my 70 Duster. I am using a stock spool mount k frame, but the kit works the same either way. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of the workmanship on every single part that makes up this kit! I have it installed on my Duster, although I am not going down the road with it yet. It is very simple to install, and I am more than pleased with mine.

Thanks guys

I wasn't aware anyone else was still making the coil over only conversions. IMO to make a quality piece, it takes a a number of specially machined pieces that is not cost effective to make unless you are doing in quantity.....and most do not want to tie up the $$$. I just figure it is a cost of doing business....and having all the fun.

-
Back