QA1 Tubular UCA - Question...

-

Saverio

Reaction score
Does anyone use the QA1 UCAs?

I just got all of my parts last night to rebuild my suspension and was verifying part numbers when I noticed the specs for the QA1 Cam bolts are different from the Moog Cam bolts.

I bought the Moog bolts and I'm wondering if I should have gotten the QA1 variant.

Just want to make sure I do the job the best I can....

Here are the details from Summit:

Moog -
Includes Alignment Components For: One front wheel
Front Camber Degree of Correction 1: -1.13
Front Camber Degree of Correction 2:+1.13
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mog-k8243a/overview/

QA1 -
Includes Alignment Components For: Two rear wheels
Front Camber Degree of Correction 1: -2.50
Front Camber Degree of Correction 2: +2.50
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-52361/overview/

Looks like the qa1's just give you greater adjustment, I am sure the moog's are just like factory, I have the qa1 uppers installed with the factory bolt's and alignment wasn't an issue, actually still not even close to maxing out the camber washer to get it aligned, I put it together with the cam washers straight down and got the alignment really close with a tape measure and a square just by turning the adjustable ends in or out on the control arm, then I took it too the alignment shop and had them get it perfect, barely had to use the cam adjusters. I am sure you will be fine, but every car is different.

I have the QA1 uppers. I installed them along with a full suspension refresh. I used the original bolts and everything aligned just fine. I've thought about using aftermarket bolts to get a little more adjustment though. I lowered my car some and the alignment guy was only able to get a degree or two of caster, which is within spec. However I would like to have a little more to get it to drive straighter and have some "snap" back to center.

SPC Arms do away with the eccentrics altogether if you want. This arm has been around for some time, but few seem to know about. It has the largest adjustment range of any arm on the market and is by far the easiest to align.

Attachments

• UCA (3).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 269
SPC Arms do away with the eccentrics altogether if you want. This arm has been around for some time, but few seem to know about. It has the largest adjustment range of any arm on the market and is by far the easiest to align.

Those look like the ones I just installed on my Barracuda except mine came with a new ball joint installed. I did notice that the SPC ball joint boot doesn't quite fit up over the top shoulder as well as it should (not like a factory boot fits).

treblig

Those look like the ones I just installed on my Barracuda except mine came with a new ball joint installed. I did notice that the SPC ball joint boot doesn't quite fit up over the top shoulder as well as it should (not like a factory boot fits).

treblig

Thinking about buying these controll arms, is there anything else to know about them? Are you happy with them?

Thinking about buying these controll arms, is there anything else to know about them? Are you happy with them?

I actually haven't even had a chance to put them on yet (been snowing here...), they seem pretty straight forward though and feel incredibly durable / well made.

Every person that I've talked to that has them, likes them.

I read through QA1's instructions before I even bought them. lol

Whoops, just noticed you were talking about the other brand. Ha!

-
Back