Qtp's vs. M/t e.t. Streets (non-radial)

-
I run et streets on my spirit. They hook me better on the track then my mickey thompson drag radials. Ive never ran quick time pros tho

i think hoosiers suck. my experience, they split and crack way too soon.

Mike,i've got a friend who use to run the e.t.'s that was until he used my m/t drag radials now he's sold on them as am i and anyone else i know that runs them..never tried the qtp's..

I just wish I could get a tire the size that I want!!! Im looking for 28" or29" with a 11"-11.5" section and a 10"-10.5" tread.

I dont know nothing on radial tire

but tried about every kind of slick so far the best one was hoosier

my 2 cents

Yeah, Hoosiers are know for splittng and cracking. I had the QT's, not the pros, but they cracked the sidewalls way too soon.

I am experiencing problems with Mickey Thompson tires now. The quality of them sucks.
I started a thread about them.

onig

I ran QTPs and M/Ts back to back. The QTPs worked real good when they were fresh, less than 30 runs, then they kinda went away and you really didn't notice it till the new set are on. The Mickey Ts are more consistent and last longer and like less burnout. When comparing a new set of QTPs to M/Ts the QTPs hook harder. I think if your car works real well the Mickey Ts are a better value since they last longer.

Did you use the E.T. Streets or the E.T. Radials??
I ran QTPs and M/Ts back to back. The QTPs worked real good when they were fresh, less than 30 runs, then they kinda went away and you really didn't notice it till the new set are on. The Mickey Ts are more consistent and last longer and like less burnout. When comparing a new set of QTPs to M/Ts the QTPs hook harder. I think if your car works real well the Mickey Ts are a better value since they last longer.

I also run ET streets 28-11.50-15 on my 68 barracuda. They will grow like a slick. Mine are old and hard now lost my 60 foot. Trying to decide on staying or trying the radial.

Mickey T recommends that you rotate the tires every 6-10 runs. When I finally started doing my tires started to last longer. Just thought I would mention that.

-
Back