Quality Air Chucks and Fittings

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a company or supplier that has quality air chucks and fittings.

I am tired of the cheap, junk overseas crap that leak air all the time.

Thanks,

Herb

Milton steel bodies and fittings, I prefer the L style, but most shops run M or T

Buy all mine from Harbor Freight and don't have problems with leaks. Use teflon tape and if they are real stubborn about leaking some blue locktight. I always check my new ends with some soapy water to check for leaks.

Milton, they work leak free for years.
I use M style
Northern tool has a kit with alot of ends to hook hoses together reasonable.

Are you sure you dont just need a new seal in the female coupler? Parts stores used to sell a repair kit.

Are you sure you dont just need a new seal in the female coupler? Parts stores used to sell a repair kit.

I have to say I think the chances of that are slim to none. I used to work for a pretty big parts store here in town "back in the day" and I don't think we ever stocked anything like that. Additionally there are AT LEAST 5 unique (maybe more) styles of 1/4" couplings, and that's just 1/4"

Often it was the male "nipple" end, not the couple body, because that is what gets dragged on the concrete and damaged from "impact."

amflo-coupling-id-chart.gif

We never sold nor have I ever seen the one at far right. The one here they are calling "automotive," is what I know as "tru-flate." The far left is industrial, industrial interchange, or Hansen Milton. Aro also "Aro Speed." I my small home town, the long nosed Lincoln was once very popular---because when the first parts store started up in town, that is what they carried.

I have to say I think the chances of that are slim to none. I used to work for a pretty big parts store here in town "back in the day" and I don't think we ever stocked anything like that. Additionally there are AT LEAST 5 unique (maybe more) styles of 1/4" couplings, and that's just 1/4"

Often it was the male "nipple" end, not the couple body, because that is what gets dragged on the concrete and damaged from "impact."

amflo-coupling-id-chart.gif

We never sold nor have I ever seen the one at far right. The one here they are calling "automotive," is what I know as "tru-flate." The far left is industrial, industrial interchange, or Hansen Milton. Aro also "Aro Speed." I my small home town, the long nosed Lincoln was once very popular---because when the first parts store started up in town, that is what they carried.

Milton "L" is the lincoln style which I still use. Less tendency to accidently pop off. Nobody carries them locally anymore lol

Just installed new rubber seal in my female air chuck. NAPA part #90-504 package of ten.
Yote

-
Back