Quality grease gun ?

-

Marcohotrod

Reaction score
where can one buy a good old style full size grease gun? I had a good one from back in the day, where you pulled the plunger back and kicked it to the side to hold it. the new one I bought at autozone or advance has a lame little lever that broke cuz I tried to use it when cold

Used to be the lincoln was good quality,but maybe not so much anymore. Alemite still has decent stuff if i recall. American made. Thats what you are looking for.
Garage sale grease guns, usually old and hardly used. Best ones.

Forgot, best one i have is made in germany,its only 30 or so years old...

No idea, anymore. Used to be Lincoln/ Alemite, you might look at garage/ estate/ Ebay sales for a good old used one.

I "would not bet" that NAPA is decent quality anymore, their replacement auto parts (when you can get them) sure as hell aren't.

There are 3 or 4 women work at O'Really's any one of them are more helpful than the people currently at the local NAPA

Wow, that sucks about NAPA. I do live out in the country and they are old school around here. They still make hydraulic lines for tractors at ours. I like it, but don't know how long that will last.

Wow, that sucks about NAPA. I do live out in the country and they are old school around here. They still make hydraulic lines for tractors at ours. I like it, but don't know how long that will last.

I'm sure a lot of this varies with store to store. I went to NAPA some time ago to get some 1/8 or 3/16 or 1/4" nylon tube used to be commonly used, we used to sell a LOT of it. It normally uses a sort of specialized compression fitting with an inner sleeve. Used in air brake systems, etc, and of course was common for add-on oil pressure gauges LMFAO!!!

Like this stuff:

http://www.parker.com/literature/Parflex/4660-1120.pdf

TWO GUYS I ASKED either did not know what I was talking about or "thought" they did not have it. One of the senior guys finally overheard, and sure enough, hid below a dusty shelf, "was some of it." As I recall I did not get the size I wanted, but was able to "sub" something else.

(What I was using this for, at the time, was monitoring two pressure ports on the White Whale III Dodge 2500 automatic, hooked to a deunk refrigeration manifold.........so I could monitor pressure from the driver's seat)

where can one buy a good old style full size grease gun? I had a good one from back in the day, where you pulled the plunger back and kicked it to the side to hold it. the new one I bought at autozone or advance has a lame little lever that broke cuz I tried to use it when cold
here on the farm, we use a TON of grease. The best grease gun we have found believe it or not is that of the tractor supply brand. Had a pair of them now for about 10 years and they still work flawless. Plus both of them are designed to accept either the prepacked tubes or with a simple flip of the push rod, can accept bulk, user filled grease as well.

-
Back