Quality of AAR fiberglass bumpers?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Has anyone bought AAR fiberglass bumpers and just sanded and painted them with a good turn out? I have a 72 Dart, street car that will see the week end cruise ins. I am thinking of a front and rear FG bumpers, because my rear has a small bend and I plan on painting them body color. Are these show quality? Anyone have pics of AARs painted?

got a rear bumper from AAR for a 71 Demon....would not say that it was the best fiberglass bumper I ever bought..

one corner of the bumper is very rough...

Is there more of a show quality type FG bumpers? Is up22 better quality? If you sanded the rough patch, would it be pretty straight and true? Thanks again

Has anyone bought AAR fiberglass bumpers and just sanded and painted them with a good turn out? I have a 72 Dart, street car that will see the week end cruise ins. I am thinking of a front and rear FG bumpers, because my rear has a small bend. Are these show quality? Anyone have pics of AARs painted?

EDIT: Any info on Unlimited products (up22.com) quality?

I run AAR fiberglass bumpers on my Scamp. They come with a jell coat that you will have to sand and paint. You will have to cut out the square holes for the bumper brackets. You may have to trim them in some spots. Just fit and trim before you paint.

Has anyone bought AAR fiberglass bumpers and just sanded and painted them with a good turn out? I have a 72 Dart, street car that will see the week end cruise ins. I am thinking of a front and rear FG bumpers, because my rear has a small bend. Are these show quality? Anyone have pics of AARs painted?

EDIT: Any info on Unlimited products (up22.com) quality?

I just received front and rear FG bumpers from AAR for My '69 Cuda FB. All I can say is excellent quality!! They were an easy install (1 hour total) , sand, prime, and topcoat. Dead straight too!!!!

I also have a decklid from AAR and it installed (same car) and was fitted in under 10 minutes. I took it off blocked it with 220 and primed it. It's dead straight and would rival any OE steel piece for fit and finish.

With 40+ years of paint and body experience I can highly recommend AAR. Give Pia a call and she'll hook you up.

sscuda
:thumbup:

I was thinking of getting a fiberglass trunk lid, hood, and bumpers for my 72 Dart. I am hoping to find a company that has straight pieces. AAR sounds pretty good.
How is Unlimited Products (up22.com) compared to AAR?

I was thinking of getting a fiberglass trunk lid, hood, and bumpers for my 72 Dart. I am hoping to find a company that has straight pieces. AAR sounds pretty good.
How is Unlimited Products (up22.com) compared to AAR?

UP is mopre of a distributor than a manufacturer. They make some FB body panels but not all. You never know where it's made or who the source of the product is.

I've tried most of the "manufacturers" of FB body products in my lifetime and AAR "street weight" glass is by far the best.

sscuda

UP is mopre of a distributor than a manufacturer. They make some FB body panels but not all. You never know where it's made or who the source of the product is.

I've tried most of the "manufacturers" of FB body products in my lifetime and AAR "street weight" glass is by far the best.

sscuda

I just did a search on here for Unlimited, pretty much found that they are reformed cow patties. I will stick to AAR if I get any FG parts

I have an AAR hood on my 70 Swinger and it was perfect, no trimming at all and lined up better than the factory hood that came off. I have used Glasstek on some of my other cars (non Mopar) and the fit and quality was excellent.

Now I did say I got bumpers from AAR, I got a hood from them and it was not the best. Had 2 low spots toward the cowl side, One on each side of the hood in the same place, plus had some trimming to do. Just order another hood for a B-body. Was suppose to get it before Carlisle Nationals, never got it. Then I was suppose to pick it up at Carlisle, never got it. Just received it 2 weeks ago. I do like there fiberglass parts they make.

-
Back