Quarter Mile Gear Selection

-
There's some track in Canada that runs 300 ft lol.

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit. But it should be the model track though. It should be a real money maker and at 300 feet running 500 cars would only take 4 hours.

And the racers would save enough money they could all buy new toter homes and stacker trailers and spare engines and anything else they want.

Yeah, let’s make drag racing great again by hundred yard dash races. I’d rather play checkers with a retarded first grader while he ***** his pants than that.

Old days stop light to stop light action. loved it.
I don’t think we ever ran that short on the street.

The place we went was 990 feet or close to that IIRC. Some guys didn’t like it because it wasn’t longer but it was the longest, relatively safest spot in my area.

I probably did do some stop light stuff but NEVER for money. I wanted as much road as I could with money on the line, especially when it wasn’t my money.

Wasn't there a separate thread on 1/4 vs 1/8 mile racing? Where we could all rant on why 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile is better? So we don't veer this thread off course for the OP!

(Of course we all know drag racing originated as and was defined as 1/4 mile hence why it is of course the ideal! Lol!!)

Carry on....

You don't use 3rd gear much/@all in 1/8 mile ?
Mostly drag street strip car, 440,727,3.91s, I'm in high at around 330-400 ft, of a 660 ft track. 5900 shift point, 4500 stahl
More track car, but still street driven car, with a n/a small block and a glide/brake, is in high gear WELL before 330ft. 4.57 gear, 14x32 tires. 6500 shift point, 5300 Stahl.
Past 400 ft at a 1/4 track, keep it straight and yawn.

Wasn't there a separate thread on 1/4 vs 1/8 mile racing? Where we could all rant on why 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile is better? So we don't veer this thread off course for the OP!

(Of course we all know drag racing originated as and was defined as 1/4 mile hence why it is of course the ideal! Lol!!)

Carry on....
Riverside raceway in the late fifties, early sixties was running HALF MILE drags, on the mile and a half backstretch straightaway.

Carry on....

He picked his gear 3-4 pages ago so should we just let the post die and sit here picking our nose.

Not to race but I've been there and through there. I love that country over there. I love where I'm at but that's very nice over there.
Then you know our stop light to stop lights are mostly under 500 ft

I don’t think we ever ran that short on the street.

The place we went was 990 feet or close to that IIRC. Some guys didn’t like it because it wasn’t longer but it was the longest, relatively safest spot in my area.

I probably did do some stop light stuff but NEVER for money. I wanted as much road as I could with money on the line, especially when it wasn’t my money.
Not a small town guy, huh?

-
Back