Question # 2 On Trailers

-

swifter

Reaction score
We have a very nice race trailer now although it's two compact,So you guy's with race trailers and have a golf kart and a nice set of cabinets in the front of the trailer what is the minimum length we would need???? Steve

Depends on the car you have. A 67 to 72 Dart is about 17ft.A Valiant should be shorter. A 24ft (inside) trailer will give you another 6ft leave at least the extra ft to have some space in between. Front over head cabinets will leave floor space.A 28ft will give you some breathing room.

We sold our 24 as we've added a golf cart to the mix. Even with the added length having 4 more feet it would pack stuff in pretty tight with a full cabinet across the front although I see a lot of racers do it.

My trailer is a 24 ft (inside) and I know with the Dart or even a slightly shorter Valiant a golf cart would be a no-go. We have a bench in the front about 2ft deep with overhead storage as well. We used to load the golf cart from the side because we have a 4ft wide side door. This is nice so you don't have to pull the car out on a rainy day (we have lots) to get the cart out for pit bike drags. With the rear bumper very close to the back door the Dart's front bumper blocks a bit of the side door opening.

Some o' you guys have WAY too much money!!! LOL

-
Back