Question: 904 on back of a 225 slant. . .

-

Gen2Cudas

Reaction score
. . .will the bolt pattern of the bell housing fit the back of a '88 to '92 318?

Any other problems getting the two to mate?

Appreciate any input.

Mike

Slant 6 transmissions will not bolt up to a small block in any way. completely different bolt patterns.

Afraid you were gonna say that.

Okay, besides motor and tranny, K-member, kickdown and throttle linkage, larger radiator, what else might I need to go from a slant and 904 on the column to 318 and 904 console shift?

Bear with me, there is a method to my madness. . .

Thanks guys n gals.

What he said... Mounts, radiator, and exhaust. And some harness changes... (minor)

Mostly because I am ignorant- I was always told that /6 and v-8 were exclusive. I assume you are talking about cut and weld. . . .

As far as harness changes, what kind generally?

Thanks guys, keep it coming. . .

Mike

K-frame is different, stock. Schumacher has conversion mounts, I'm sure, if you don't want to change to V8 K-member. Wire harness, exhaust, radiator, looks like you have a grasp of things. The harness will probably be too long in places, so it will still work. The oil sender wire will be too long, for instance, but that's better than too short. For console, you need the console, shifter, mount brackets which are welded to the floor (three I think), linkage, brackets. The small block transmission will need a boss on the bottom of the tail shaft to mount the bracket for the down linkage from the shifter. Some don't have it. The driveshaft will be the same if using another 904. Someone will probably say something about brakes. The small block weighs the same as the slant six, so they will work as intended, but I think even a slant six car could use an upgrade in this department, so it's up to you.

Cool info and advice.

Got pics in the pipe- will download later today. . .

Thanks folks.

M

-
Back