Question about a trade

-

falconsdart

Reaction score
I want to swap my slant six for a big block in my dart sport and I met a local guy around my area that has a 413, 440 with 727 trans and headers and he wants to do a partial trade for me to obtain those items off of him. Is it worth it to trade him a 7 1/4 74' dart rear end plus $200 for everything he has? He claims both engines run good and the trans as well, but honestly I'm not too educated on Mopar stuff yet but was just curious about what someone who knows the value of these would say. Thanks in advance you guys rock!

He wants your 7 1/4 74' dart rear end plus $200, for all of this 413, 440 with 727 trans and headers?

You haven't traded yet, lol. Yes, it's worth it. Especially if the 440 runs.

Check them out and make sure the engines turn over, trade and run!

Yeah im going to meet up with him either tomorrow or Sunday. And I forgot to mention he also is including a disc brake set up with everything. I honestly only need one engine, 413 or 440? I guess it will come down to which ever one is in better condition.

I'd grab the 440, but if he wants to dump the 413 in the deal, take it too.

Yeah he wants the sell them together instead of splitting them up. Well I guess I'm going to pick everything up tomorrow from him with a buddy, I'll post some pics of my find when I get them

In the end, yes. Even if the 440/413 don't run. And the 727 needs a rebuild. You're still coming out on top. If either engine runs, or the 727 doesn't need going through. You're ahead by a mile. You'll never do anything with a 7-1/4 rear end. Ever. Honestly. You probably couldn't buy a pulled 440 for less than 500. So yeah, it's a good deal.

If it was me?

Build the 440
Build the 727
Turn the 413 into a beer/wine holder that dispenses bottles as you turn the crank. Maybe a Coffee table. Or something else neat.

Yeah im going to meet up with him either tomorrow or Sunday. And I forgot to mention he also is including a disc brake set up with everything. I honestly only need one engine, 413 or 440? I guess it will come down to which ever one is in better condition.

440 and 413
727 trans
headers
disc brake setup

Sounds too good to be true, hope it is.
Outstanding deal if all the part will work for you.:cheers:

He wants your 7 1/4 74' dart rear end plus $200, for all of this 413, 440 with 727 trans and headers?

You haven't traded yet, lol. Yes, it's worth it. Especially if the 440 runs.

Check them out and make sure the engines turn over, trade and run!

OP is a joke, right?

A guy wants to trade you big block parts and a 727 for junk parts that no one uses? and you are starting a thread about it?

Brian

I just don't know the value of Mopar stuff yet, I still haven't met up with him(he lives a couple hours away) Been a little busy but I defently plan on it in the next week or so! After I get the engines Im gonna have to hunt down a bigger rear end. And I will gladly post pics when I do get everything

ill get to in a week or two?what?either your an @#$%^,or your an @#$%^.why are you not all over it?because you are busy?wow,i quess you dont want to trade

ill get to in a week or two?what?either your an @#$%^,or your an @#$%^.why are you not all over it?because you are busy?wow,i quess you dont want to trade

still think it`s a joke !! have never had anything like that happen to me !!

-
Back