Question about cam Lunati 292 Advertised

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
Looking at a motor that says the following.....

.484 lift / 230 duration @ .50 Lunati can 292 Advertised.....

Need to have some specs on cam, it's in a 360 motor.....

Will it idel good, what is normal RPM

It is a 4 speed tansmission

Thanks

It should idle fairly good. It really depends on the LSA. The tighter the angle the rougher the idle. Purple shafts have 112 and idle good but are lazy on the bottom. 108 will keep a fairly good idle and have better throttle response. I am assuming thatyou are runnig street gears. Mine is 232 @.050 with 104 LSA and it idles pretty rough. I knew that when I ordered the cam. I am happy because it performs better thasn expected.

It should idle fairly good. It really depends on the LSA. The tighter the angle the rougher the idle. Purple shafts have 112 and idle good but are lazy on the bottom. 108 will keep a fairly good idle and have better throttle response. I am assuming thatyou are runnig street gears. Mine is 232 @.050 with 104 LSA and it idles pretty rough. I knew that when I ordered the cam. I am happy because it performs better thasn expected.

Whats does LSA mean,,,,,?????

I see now thanks

109 is the LSA (intake to exhaust lobe separation angle, measured in degrees). The less the number the choppier the idle. Any cam with 292 advertised degrees of duration in a 360 is going to idle pretty choppy no matter what the LSA. Hope you don't have power brakes cause it probably won't have enough vacuum to make them operate properly.

I have that cam (Bracket Master II) in a 10:1 340 w 2:02 J heads, LD340 intake, holley 750, 3:55s w a 4 gear in a 69 swinger. TTI headers 2 1/2 inch exhaust w flowmasters. Idles fine. A little choppy but not bad. I have the idle set @ 800 RPM but it will idle @ 600 if i wanted it to once its warmed up. PM me your e mail and i can send you a video of it idling. Runs pretty good, but i have plans of replacing it w a stroker.

-
Back