Question about chrysler rallye wheel viniques and a disc conversion

-

LittleSlantSwinger

Reaction score
So i bought a disc brake conversion kit from a website called pirate jack. for the front of my 72' swinger. Everything arrived quick and fits great. And i need at least two new rims because the calipers do not clear. I was looking at the wheel vintiques Chrysler 61 series 5x4, 14x6, with 4 inch backspace. And i was wondering if anyone used those wheels and knows if they fit with disc brakes. im pretty sure they do but i thought i would ask here just in case. Also maybe someone can tell me if the w11 stock deluxe hubcaps fit these rims? If not then its fine but i would like to know.

What car are the disk kit brakes off of?

What wheels did you have on that rubbed?

The kit is just a 73+ Mopar disk conversion with a 5x4” pattern added to the rotors and the rotor hub outer diameter turned down some.

The instructions say the interior of the rim must measure at least 13.5” and have 4” of backspace. You have the brake kit already, so, measure the outer diameter of the hub and compare it to the hub bore of the wheels you’re buying too. Because that hub diameter may be smaller than a normal 73+ rotor, but it’s still gonna be bigger than 67-72 drum hubs.

Sorry, my question is what car are the brakes in the kit OFF of.

That will help others know what fits.

The wheels you had were they 14"

They are just 73-76 A body disk brakes.

The only differences are
- the rotors have the 5x4” pattern added to blank rotors
-the rotor hub is turned down some so it has a smaller diameter (still won’t fit all drum wheels)
-the calipers have 2.75” pistons, which came on the B/E bodies and ‘76 A bodies.

Sorry, my question is what car are the brakes in the kit OFF of.

That will help others know what fits.

The wheels you had were they 14"
Yes the wheels are 14" also sorry, not sure what you mean by what the brake kit is off of. All i know is its a kit specifically made for 66-74 darts to convert from drums. the brand of the parts are MBM. And that the dang caliper doesn't clear my wheels lol.

also sorry, not sure what you mean by what the brake kit is off of
72blunblu cleared it up.

BUT... whenever you do a part swap you need to know what car / year the parts are from / for. Example... If you went to the parts store and bought disc brake pads for a 72 dart (for Instance) you would come home with pads for 4 piston Kelsey Hayes brakes.

Now if you know the kit uses 73 thru 76 calipers you would ask for brake pads for a 74 dart and you would have the correct pads.

72blunblu cleared it up.

BUT... whenever you do a part swap you need to know what car / year the parts are from / for. Example... If you went to the parts store and bought disc brake pads for a 72 dart (for Instance) you would come home with pads for 4 piston Kelsey Hayes brakes.

Now if you know the kit uses 73 thru 76 calipers you would ask for brake pads for a 74 dart and you would have the correct pads.
That is actually pretty helpful thank you. Anyways do you think the wheel that i mentioned would fit on this car? 72blunblu said to mesaure hub bore but it dosent say the hub bore measurements anywhere for the new wheel. Plus Chrysler rallye from wheel viniques and maybe two other company's dont remember. Sell the same thing and those are about the only 5x4 wheels you can buy sadly. im gonna look at those other company's to in a bit.

Are your drum 14" wheels loose - no tires on them? If so look for markings and report back

The 14 inch factory small bolt wheels are 12.25 across where the wheel center is welded to the outer band. Then it flairs out , but it may not be enough. The small bolt 15 inch steel wheels that I used to get from Coker were 13.25 at the welded area , I am pretty sure. I will have to get one out and check. That maybe enough , maybe not.

Frank

-
Back