Question about Flowtech headers

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm choosing an exhaust system for my Dart. It runs a stock 318 with a 350cfm Holley, so yep, nothing to extreme here.

I've got some plans for mild mods in the near future, so my exhaust setup should allow for that.

I've found some cheap flowtechs here in Australia and also the Dynomax VTs I want to use. So what I want to know is whether these Flowtech are actually worth anything.

Oh, and the system will probably be 2.5" with an x pipe.

Any hands on experience?

Cheers fellas!

Worth anything in what way?

Power wise? Maybe

Being a quality product? No, they have this flanges, are made with this tubes and hang low as hell.

Worth anything in what way?

Power wise? Maybe

Being a quality product? No, they have this flanges, are made with this tubes and hang low as hell.

+1 They are a nightmare to install. Fitment Jeng great either. I bought a pair brand new, they were such a PITA to install. When it came time to remove them I started and thought I would put them up for sale for $20 bucks. Then thought I wouldn't curse anyone with these things and took them out the easy was. Saws-all!

sometimes they fit good and sometimes they hit everything. quality is what it is,its a product in the lowprice segment.

im not realy sure they would work on a righthand drive car seeing you are from downunder and with the engine offset to the right side im pretty sure it would be real tight with the steeringbox in the way.

Thanks for he replies folks.

The car is a left hand drive I brought over from Brazil, so clearance isn't really an issue. But if they are such a pain to install I might go for Hookers. The only problem is that they are double the price down here.

I think I'll steer away from flowtechs...

Mine work fine never scrape, 45 mph over railroad tracks without issues. but i have new suspension and my car sits nice. I dented mine very very slightly so the flange bolts fit better, that's it!! nothing that would really effect flow. If your car sits low they will scrape. Aside from scraping on low cars they work fine.

There are better way more expensive headers but, we aren't all that wealthy.

Mine work fine never scrape, 45 mph over railroad tracks without issues. but i have new suspension and my car sits nice. I dented mine very very slightly so the flange bolts fit better, that's it!! nothing that would really effect flow. If your car sits low they will scrape. Aside from scraping on low cars they work fine.

There are better way more expensive headers but, we aren't all that wealthy.

Thanks for the replies again!

By the looks of your car, it sits a bit higher than mine (saggy old springs), so I may go with the Hookers Comp if I can source some affordable ones in Aus.

I'm been looking around, there's not a lot of stuff for left hand drive cars around here... who would have thought?!?!

Cheers!

-
Back