Question about strut rods

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
So I'm swapping over to coil over suspension with lower control arms from member badArt, and I'm going to order my adjustable upper control arms from spc( I get a discount from work on alignment kits and such) http://spcalignment.com/index.php?option=com_spc&task=part_description&pid=94461

So my question is what are the significant benefits or use of the strut rods? Also are they even needed? Are they for CAster adjustment only? Wondering if it was necessary to use em at all since my UCA are adjustable? Thanks for the help gentleman

So I'm swapping over to coil over suspension with lower control arms from member badArt, and I'm going to order my adjustable upper control arms from spc( I get a discount from work on alignment kits and such) http://spcalignment.com/index.php?option=com_spc&task=part_description&pid=94461

So my question is what are the significant benefits or use of the strut rods? Also are they even needed? Are they for CAster adjustment only? Wondering if it was necessary to use em at all since my UCA are adjustable? Thanks for the help gentleman

If you want to use the factory strut rods you could always cut the bushings. Guys have been doing this for years. Say you wanted 1/4" more caster by moving one of the spacers in the kit you could remove the same amount from the rear bushing and will give you more caster. Or you could adjust it with the UCA and leave the LCA in the stock position. Just my 2 cents. BTW your arms are shipping tomorrow.

If you want to use the factory strut rods you could always cut the bushings. Guys have been doing this for years. Say you wanted 1/4" more caster by moving one of the spacers in the kit you could remove the same amount from the rear bushing and will give you more caster. Or you could adjust it with the UCA and leave the LCA in the stock position. Just my 2 cents. BTW your arms are shipping tomorrow.

Awesome John thanks can't wait, so that's probably wat I'll do to make it an easier adjustment leave the lower washers in place and get my adjustment for
My uppers unless of course I need more adjustment Which I doubt ,I can move the lower washers.

Awesome John thanks can't wait, so that's probably wat I'll do to make it an easier adjustment leave the lower washers in place and get my adjustment for
My uppers unless of course I need more adjustment Which I doubt ,I can move the lower washers.

If you are concerned about saving weight by going to adjustable strut rods then here is some info for you. The factory strut rods weigh 2.6 lbs each and I made one out of 6061 solid 1" aluminum and they weighed in at 2.55 lbs. Big weight savings there. I built the one for a display that I am making for the MATS. Now I get to cut up a perfectly good 73 Swinger to build it.:D

-
Back