Question about what brake lines to order

-

cudakid67

Reaction score
I have a 67 notch that has had a 74 scamp frontend (frame rails, suspension) with power disc brakes. On the back end I've upgraded to an 8 3/4.

I'm wanting to order the brake line kits since I have a show discount with free shipping from Right Stuff.

So...

Do I order the front brake line kit for a 74 scamp with power brakes?
The front to rear kit for a 108" WB car? Do I get the 1 piece Drum or 2 piece Disc kit?
The 67-69 8 3/4" Flex Pumpkin kit?

Thanks in advance.

To partially answer your question. All the sets I have seen do NOT have a one piece line from the front of the proportion valve to the rear end of the car. I believe for shipping reasons, it is two pieces with a union approximately in the center.

To partially answer your question. All the sets I have seen do NOT have a one piece line from the front of the proportion valve to the rear end of the car. I believe for shipping reasons, it is two pieces with a union approximately in the center.
I bought my lines from Right Stuff and the front to back lines were 1 piece, with a large sweeping 180 bend in the middle that was no problem straightening out. (73 Duster)

For the factory intermediate line it should come as one long piece folded over and you bend it back into position.

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but I just finished brakes on a 62 Galaxy and with all the changes he made I bought coiled line and bent everything up myself. If this is of interest to you they sell what is called Nicopp and is a softer line for easier bending. Making your own lines would be super easy with the material and you are obviously not an original restorer so it's an option for you.

JW

Mine came as one piece.

I bet that if you call them, they'll know what you need better than you do.

Then you can say "your guy told me...." If you don't get the right parts. That can be the difference between customer service and not, sometimes.

You need to check the location of the "tee" that mounts to the axle. The fastener doubles as a vent.
Anyway, there was a change during production that relocated the position of the tee from side-to-side so the length of the brake lines mounted on the axle tubes varies.
It depends on what year your 8-3/4 is.

-
Back