Question: Changing to front disc brakes

-

1fine69

Reaction score
I bought a complete 1973 single piston disc brake setup including the distribution block. I have a new Master cyl. for manual drum brakes. Can I use the M/C or do I have to buy one for front disc brakes? If so, what is the closest one to OEM.(manufacturer and P/N would really help!)

Attachments

• P1010120.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 126
I used a mc from a 74 dart with power disc without the booster and it worked just fine. 73 Vailants and darts also had manual disc brakes, a mc from those should also work.

I would use the correct manual disc master cylinder if you want the factory pedal feel.

I used a Raybestos MC36426 from Rockauto.com 5% discount if you write this in the "how did you hear about us" box: 63216824387085 . It's $68 list, but is new and not a rebuild.
I also used one of these distribution blocks in my A-body, and it has been good so far. I haven't done an extreme brake test yet, but around here, I'm sure I'll have occasion to soon. http://www.inlinetube.com/Prop Valves/VML104.htm

Thanks for the input guys. No sence putting fluid in it if I'm going to return it!

Rock Auto has a Dorman P/N MM88787 for a '74 with manual disc brakes. Will my pushrod be the right length or is this something else I will need to change?

-
Back