question for guys that race often

-

340srule

I know you can have your shoulder restraints re-certified,can you have a helmet re-certified also??..mine is only a few years old and in perfect shape,but i see nhra is going to require 05 certification this season..

Belts need to be rewebbed every 2 years which is bull crap if you ask me. Do you really think the belt companies toss out all there extra material every 2 years ? How many companies do you think just put a new cert label on ?

Helmet laws also have changed every year for the last 3 years I believe.

ditto big , dont recall snell rating of my helmet but ive used it at least 10 years now

Helmet is required for all ET's but does not become a mandatory inspected item unless car is 11.49 and under. Must be as of last year, snell 00 or newer. For those that keep the old lid on for whatever reason and laugh at how old the helmet is, don't post about it when you split your melon on your bar or window frame and blame it on the helmet malfunction. Just because something is not required, doesn't mean you don't need it.

Thats some GOOD advice drjayo..well so much for the tech experts at Lebanon valley telling me my helmet had expired 2 seasons ago, last oct. i've just learned its good until 2012...drjayo whats the lastest word on the track in conn....

Nothing new to report on the track. The story on the new from JW opened this up again. I have no connection to that speed shops effort. I have my own agenda. I have sent a letter of interest has been sent to a few organization/persons of great financial status that are involved in all sorts of development projects. I cannot disclose who those persons are. I have personally done research on another property which has over 600 acres. That property has also been vacant of a major manufacturing plant for many years. I will leave it at that for now. That land has recently had a proposed developer back out of a $500 million housing project leaving this parcel on the table again for proposals. Lots of negativity for a CT race facility from those that have been through this before, "it will never happen" etc. I'm getting tired of hearing those comments. Those people will be the 1st to jump on the wagon after all the hard work has been layed out and jump on board though. But we can never stop fighting for what is wanted and needed to feed our need for speed and keeping our loved ones safe.
Jason

I don't race, & it's been a long time since I've bought a new helmet but, IIRC, the instructions I got with one said that if the helmet was dropped from a height of 3 feet or more it should be replaced. I know it made me wonder about how much good the helmet would do me.

ok, from the NHRA rule book,any car running 13.99 or quicker is required to use a helment meeting snell K98, 2000,2005,2007,or SFI 32.1a, 31.1/2005, 41.1a,41.2a or 41.1/2005. page 97 of new NHRA rule book. the book, states, 9.99 or quicker must wear a full face helment.

-
Back