Question for the turbo Guys

-

kkeith1986

Reaction score
What size fittings do I need for the oil feed line to the turbo. I know to use the oil pressure sending unit location but what size npt is it?

yeah I looked around a little and found that they are all 3/8npt but some were 1/4"npt but it was still a 3/8" npt with a reducer.

yeah I looked around a little and found that they are all 3/8npt but some were 1/4"npt but it was still a 3/8" npt with a reducer.

I found the simplest way to plumb that was to just take a steel tape and measure the length of tubing needed for the route that the supply-tube will take from the oil-filter fitting to the turbo (I started at the oil filter, and went back to the fire-wall, across to the other side,, and forward to the turbo fitting, on top of the inner fender panel.)

So simple, even ~I~ could do it!!!

You can buy 3/8"-diameter, steel brake tubing that is already cut-to-length and has flares and fittings on either end (not NPT, though, adapters will be needed, but that's no problem; they're readily available.)

It's a rely easy job. The hardest part is putting the 90-degree bends in that tubing without kinking it. For me, anyway, that was the hardest part.

Good luck; you'll git-r-dun!!!:D

-
Back