question on a833

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
on a '68 383. Is this rod in pic
101_3292.JPG
supposed to have a nut on both sides? Other side has what I believe is an adjusting nut. Also, can I check trans fluid level with front wheels on a 12" ramps, or will that throw it off too much? thanks

got it thnx! crap, almost need to be on a lift then to check and top up tranny fluid. we'll see..

A jam nut is good insurance. Ideally the ID taper in the washer should force the flex type nut to lock on the adjustment rod flat.

got car up a foot or so on all fours - was able to top up the fluid using a pump I use for outboard gear case that fits on standard quart bottles. Used some 80-90 Brad Penn GL-4 that claims safety for soft metals but I see is lighter than 120 service manual mentions, but a lot people here seem to feel is adequate. Took a half quart. Small leak from reverse light switch so planning to get a new one and suppose I will have to drain the transmission to install switch. Anyone know correct part? -it is a rebuilt 18 spline Hemi A833 4 speed but not sure if it is '68 like engine ..thanks

so basically we can never agree on any single thing?! lol :popcorn:
thanks for all input - it is appreciated.

Last edited:
-
Back